Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Curbing benefits for illegal immigrants

Curbing benefits for illegal immigrants
    Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 6/27/2008 12:20:00 PM

A new ballot initiative that would bar illegal aliens from obtaining state benefits has been launched in Arkansas.

Supporters have until July 7 to garner the nearly 62,000 signatures needed to send the issue to the people. The measure, if approved by voters, would require that government agencies at the state, county, and city levels verify the legal status of any person at least 14-years-old who is applying for state benefits.

Secure Arkansas is sponsoring the ballot initiative. Spokeswoman Debbie Pelley says the initiative would bar illegal aliens from getting driver's licenses, business licenses, assisted housing, welfare, and other various government benefits.

She says roughly 90 percent of the people who have been approached have signed the petition, and she says some people have even been willing to wait in line to sign it. Pelley adds it is almost unbelievable to see that kind of support for a conservative issue.
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Defa ... ?id=154126
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    People are P.Oed and finally talking it up...

If you read between the lines Illegal Aliens are already getting these benifits
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Man, we need to kick this off in every state !!! Do all states have the same method in which to get something up for the people to vote?

I'm just beginning to do a work-up of the illegal immigrant benefit status of all states--here's a little info:

States ask for proof of citizenship from welfare recipients
    In Nebraska, applicants must show a birth certificate or some other proof of citizenship to get food stamps, welfare payments, medical coverage for children and seniors who are disabled or blind, and for help paying energy bills. Michigan and Nebraska appear to be the only states so far that won't give cash assistance unless proof of citizenship is shown, although Missouri is joining their ranks. Some states, such as Virginia, require applicants to show a birth certificate or Social Security number. But they allow applicants to sign an affidavit of citizenship if they can't provide the documents. Michigan and Nebraska don't have that out. More states are considering proof of citizenship for a variety of programs. Missouri recently passed into law a bill requiring people to prove they are U.S. citizens or legally in the country when applying for food stamps, housing and other public benefits.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ ... 55107.html
    Links to State Legislatures
    http://www.fvap.gov/links/legislativelinks.html
    State and Local Government on the Net
    http://www.statelocalgov.net/50states-legislature.cfm
    State Legislatures, State Laws and State Regulations - Web Site Links and Telephone Numbers
    http://llsdc.net/sourcebook/state-leg.htm
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strained states to make cuts felt by everyone
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01057.html

There is no shortage of benefits available - kind of makes you wonder what we might have been missing out on. The number of them look like a recipe for disatser in terms of fraud.

State Benefit Programs
    http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefits_ ... ate&_nfls=

Federal Benefit Programs
    http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefits_en.portal

Or better yet for the illegals, just have the grand daddy of them all-your brand new American citizen,( AKA anchor baby)that comes complete with a valid social security number that you can use as your own.

Regular legal immigrants can't get assistance can they? Isn't that part of being able to come here to prove you won't be a burden to society? I believe refugees get help but most really need it and I'm not sure for how long. I just can't believe how easy it has become for them to get so much when I know I was run through the ringer and had tons of papers to have to prove everything.....to be denied.

If you read between the lines Illegal Aliens are already getting these benifits
    Of course they are.....how can they not benefit through the children. Sect 8 housing on down the line. It's ripe for fraud. Definately an area they do minimul if any enforcement or checking up on like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Regular legal immigrants can't get assistance can they? Isn't that part of being able to come here to prove you won't be a burden to society? I believe refugees get help but most really need it and I'm not sure for how long. I just can't believe how easy it has become for them to get so much when I know I was run through the ringer and had tons of papers to have to prove everything.....to be denied.
    You're right, crazybird, legal immigrants cannot get assistance. Which bugs the hell out of me that ILLEGAL aliens can get it.

When we emigrated, we would have starved before accepting anything we did not pay for, it was a matter of honor and fairness. We appreciated the opportunity of being allowed to emigrate here and had no wish to abuse this trust. We became citizens at the FIRST opportunity to do so and renounced our birth citizenship to become Americans.

Illegal aliens who sneak it have no honor and are prime opportunists in grabbing whatever they can get, legally or illegally, they don't care.
    "

You're right, crazybird, legal immigrants cannot get assistance. Which bugs the hell out of me that ILLEGAL aliens can get it.
    I mean I looked at the immigration policies of other countries, even the standards for students who came here on a visa and everyone had some sort of statement of not becomming a drain on the economy and being able to care for yourself financially. Heck when I was going to college you couldn't be here on a visa and be allowed to work.....it was taking jobs from citizens. Even with some visas your spouse isn't allowed to get a job and you can't find a different one or take on another without being deported.

We were not wealthy by a long shot, and my parents like yours would rather starve than ask for a hand-out. That was reserved for those who were REALLY poor. And to see how it's abused now when law abiding citizens can't get the help they need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast