Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Customs Agents Confiscate Fake IDs At Border

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3564037

Lupita Murillo Reports
    Customs agents confiscate fake IDs at border
    July 7, 2005

In what's being called a major offensive for border security, Governor Janet Napolitano has announced a crackdown on fake personal identification documents.

It's part of the Governor's strategy to fight illegal immigration by searching out those who make and sell fake IDs.

In Nogales alone, customs agents are seizing thousands of fake documents every year.

When people enter into the U.S., they have to declare their citizenship. They also have to show proper identification, but not everyone is who they claim be.

Port Director James Tong says, "We have people who come in, make false oral claims to U.S. citizenship. Our officers are trained to detect false documents and also, during the interview, to detect lie and falsehood."

Nogales is the busiest port of entry in Arizona. So far this year, agents have confiscated more than 3,000 false IDs.

These documents are sold for as little as $50 to as high as $5,000 for a passport.

Tong says agents keep tabs of the trends in a forensic lab in Virginia.

"It gathers documents nationwide that are seized nationwide by Customs and Border Protection. They analyze the documents, gather intelligence and informaiton, and disseminate it out to us, and keep us up to date."

Once in a while, agents come across a case they'll always remember.

A woman showed up with her documents. Pictures showed a mole on the left cheek. The woman had a mole on the right cheek.

Supervisor Stephen Hathaway says the agent told the woman, " 'Excuse me, this isn't your document.' She says, 'It is.' He goes, 'No, your mole is the left cheek and yours is on the right cheek.' She says, 'My mole, it moves.' "

Another agent says a gentleman who produced a document thought it was a birth certificate, but the agent told him it was a death
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is a great step in the right direction. I was talking the other night to a friend who's a bouncer at a bar in Austin, and three non-English speaking Mexicans came to the door. When asked for ID, each one of them showed him a DIFFERENT Mexican ID--three different ones! I asked my bouncer friends if they were Metricula Consular cards and he said "I don't know what the hell they were." BUT--all three guys gained access to the bar whereas an American pulling the same multiple unknown ID scam would probably have had the cops called on them. Just another double standard

At least the Governor is finally doing SOMETHING useful. Why don't you fine them $5,000 each?

Another agent says a gentleman who produced a document thought it was a birth certificate, but the agent told him it was a death
    Sadly, this is the level of moron sneaking into our country.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!