Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Date set for unveiling of birthright citizenship bill

Date set for unveiling of birthright citizenship bill

By Jeremy Duda
    Published: December 28, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Rep. John Kavanagh (File Photo)

The 2011 legislative session will begin a few days early for two Arizona lawmakers who will be in Washington D.C. for the unveiling of legislation intended to end birthright citizenship.

Immigration hawks Sen. Russell Pearce, the author of SB1070, and Rep. John Kavanagh will attend a Jan. 5 press conference at the National Press Club to introduce model legislation that aims to force the U.S. Supreme Court to weigh in on the longstanding interpretation of the 14th Amendment that grants citizenship to the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants. Lawmakers from 14 states who plan to introduce the bill will attend as well.

Despite worries from the business community, lawmakers and others that the controversial proposal will turn the Legislature’s attention from more important issues, such as the budget and the economy, Kavanagh said he doesn’t expect the birthright-citizenship bill to be a distraction.

“The budget and jobs will be the No. 1 priority, but we’ll still be able to deal with a lot of other important issues like illegal immigration,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Could it actually be starting?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Could it actually be starting?
    Yep. And no matter how the 'Bamacrats spin it, it's based on the concerns of regular folks - you know, the ones who want to be able to keep roofs over their heads, by being employed.

Illegals taking decent entry level jobs which used to be done by Americans - been there, done that - is obviously not the only negative aspect of their presence is our country, but this issue has the great virtue of resonating with regular folks.
    ************************************************** **************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

It is starting big time. I have seen a big change in South Florida alone. When you start seeing letters to the editor about illegals and what they are costing us, and about having English as our official language on a daily basis you know people are fed up. I also am getting emails from those who were not against illegals in the past and now are. I think the last amnesty attempt was the last nail in the coffin.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And Indiana is in amongst some fine company,....YEE-Haww!

This is great news. I am getting another one of those doughnut eating grins on my face!

JAK
    Me too!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Banned
    I could be mistaken but isn't there a different way then a bill? I was fairly sure the congress could simply re-interpret it without needing a bill to change or amend it. Which would in turn bypass Obama as its out of his executive powers to define the current law. Prett sure the powers in this case also relied with congress and not the supreme court.

If I'm right they should try that first, anything to try and keep Obama out of it as its something he could veto with probably not taking to much heat for.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    It is starting big time. I have seen a big change in South Florida alone. When you start seeing letters to the editor about illegals and what they are costing us, and about having English as our official language on a daily basis you know people are fed up. I also am getting emails from those who were not against illegals in the past and now are. I think the last amnesty attempt was the last nail in the coffin.

Check the comments for any story about illegal immigration, secure communities, or perhaps immigrant "rights" and they are over whelmingly against illegal immigration. I try to add comments with a closing sentence recommending the NumbersUSA and ALIPAC websites.

The pressure is coming from the bottom up. From the states and forcing the Congress to ante up or the Supreme Court will be left to settle this with the full force of the public at their doors!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I am getting another one of those doughnut eating grins on my face!
    "Okay! settle down officer!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast