Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The situation isn't easy, said Davin Cardenas, community organizer of the Graton Day Labor Center.

"At the labor center, what we can do is make sure everybody is working a little bit constantly so the jobs are distributed equally."

At Graton, the workers have set up an emergency fund to prevent anyone from falling behind in rent payments, Cardenas said.
    I am assuming that in that "everybody is working" includes legal Americans citizens, and that I can walk in there to receive help with my rent or mortgage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I'm thinking of returning to Honduras," Lopez said in Spanish. "I am depressed and can't sleep because it has been five months since I last sent my family a penny." He said he earns about $300 a month, just enough to pay $250 in rent and pay for food.
    If he fails to make August rent, he said, he will look for a place to sleep on the streets.
    Organizers said they are seeing workers go days without food and become homeless, with some taking shelter under bridges.
    I've noticed the "homeless community" now also seems to have illegal aliens.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    "I'm thinking of returning to Honduras," Lopez said in Spanish. "I am depressed and can't sleep because it has been five months since I last sent my family a penny." He said he earns about $300 a month, just enough to pay $250 in rent and pay for food.
    If he fails to make August rent, he said, he will look for a place to sleep on the streets.
    Organizers said they are seeing workers go days without food and become homeless, with some taking shelter under bridges.
    Maybe they'll take advantage of the new self-deport program. At least they may get a ride home.

Uh...has anyone noticed the UPS delivery man, Sears installers, plumbers, receptionists in your doctors office and many more, all have heavy spanish accents and speak limited or slght english? They are getting the jobs because they speak spanish, no one asks them if they are here legally. After day labor dries up, so will many jobs for the rest of us because they will get them.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Many laborers at the Fulton hiring site said they are weighing returning to Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras.

But first they must earn enough to buy a plane ticket.
    How does the illegal alien segment fly without proper, legal documentation of their idenity and valid passports? The ones from Mexico can return to Mexico by bus.

"Even though the economy is the way it is, the workers are the ones who do the work that provide food on our tables," said Leticia Romero, community organizer for the Fulton hiring site. "What would happen if nobody did those types of jobs?"
    Food is on our tables without the employment of these day laborers meaning there is a surplus of workers.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Many laborers at the Fulton hiring site said they are weighing returning to Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras.

But first they must earn enough to buy a plane ticket.
    How does the illegal alien segment fly without proper, legal documentation and/or valid passports of their idenity? The ones from Mexico can return to Mexico by bus.

[quote:rtrajiwg]"Even though the economy is the way it is, the workers are the ones who do the work that provide food on our tables," said Leticia Romero, community organizer for the Fulton hiring site. "What would happen if nobody did those types of jobs?"
    Food is on our tables without the employment of these day laborers meaning there is a surplus of workers.[/quote:rtrajiwg]

That's true. Much of our food is imported.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    "Even though the economy is the way it is, the workers are the ones who do the work that provide food on our tables," said Leticia Romero, community organizer for the Fulton hiring site. "What would happen if nobody did those types of jobs?"

As a teenager I worked in the kitchen of a restaurant...washing bar glasses.....graduated to washing dishes ....graduated to dishing out desserts...busboy anyone??????

Our AMERICAN teenagers are more than capable of doing this
    These fools don't realise they took all the jobs for our AMERICAN teenagers!
    They wonder why we want them gone? The down turn in the economy is worth it, if they ALL GO HOME ...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    Uh...has anyone noticed the UPS delivery man, Sears installers, plumbers, receptionists in your doctors office and many more, all have heavy spanish accents and speak limited or slght english? They are getting the jobs because they speak spanish, no one asks them if they are here legally. After day labor dries up, so will many jobs for the rest of us because they will get them.

So turn the company's in! I would..
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    They are treated BETTER than our American homeless are. IMHO
    I find that sickening!
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones

So turn the company's in! I would..
    They aren't in my area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast