Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow - you mean no illegals with incurable TB and hepatitis came to work for one day? how do they ever expect me to get a liver transplant?????

Over and over, throughout the above articles,

uh, excuse me a sec, lemme go get a crying towel...
    Poor mistreated illegal aliens & restaurant owners.

Whew! Tears all over the keyboard... Where was I?

Oh! yeah, over and over the restaurant owners whine about no employees. Well, one small point..... Since the medical profession (presumably health departments) require social security numbers on everything ... How did these illegal invaders get FOOD HANDLERS' CERTIFICATES? Or, does the state of PA not even require 'em in the first place?
    Get outta here! You've been on this website long enough you ought to know the answer!!!
    Yeah, ok, ok, my bad. I forgot - they are masters of forgery.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I had to get a hepatitis shot a couple years ago, after eating at a mexican restaurant. An employee of the restaurant came to work with hepatitis and as a precaution, the health department ordered everyone who ate there during a two week period, to get a shot. I no longer eat at mexican restaurants.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Every time I see those Mexican flags waving on this side of the border it infuriates me!

Hepatitis, tuberculosis, and what other disesases are they bringing to our restaurants?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Every time I see those Mexican flags waving on this side of the border it infuriates me!
    Me too, I bet Vicente is SO proud!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Leprosy and HIV...nice list, huh?

If that day without illegals can teach anyone anything then those owners who had to shut down their businesses could have learned to hire only LEGAL people.
    sheesh

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/new ... 875384.htm

Posted on Wed, Feb. 15, 2006

Taking a day off to help keep their jobs

By REGINA MEDINA
    medinar@phillynews.com 215-854-5985

THE NEW Jersey landscaper and his factory-worker wife looked on yesterday afternoon as the crowd of immigrants chanted along Market Street near 6th.

"Si se puede! Si se puede!" - yes, we can - they yelled as they waved flags from various countries, including Mexico and Ecuador.

The couple, expecting a child later this year, took the day off to take part in "A Day Without Immigrants," a rally urging legislators and employers in the region to stop a bill pending in Congress that would make illegal immigration a felony.

"If they approve the law, they will treat us like criminals," said the landscaper, whose name is being withheld by the Daily News because of his undocumented status.

"I came to support the people here so that they won't put into law what they want to," he said in Spanish. "The 4437 law," he added, referring to the number assigned to the bill.

He and his wife, who crossed the border five years ago from Mexico and now live in Vineland, N.J., were among an estimated 800 to 1,000 people who attended the Philadelphia rally.

About 11 million illegal immigrants live in the United States.

Yesterday's rally placed a focus on Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is weighing the proposal.

Specter responded in a statement, saying, "We need the workforce which immigrants provide, but we have to consider their status and protect our borders so that we are not infiltrated by terrorists. We don't want people coming in illegally."

The chief spokesman for the rally, Ricardo Diaz, said he couldn't say how many workers stayed home yesterday, but he said he knows some men have been fired because they asked for the day off. And he expects more such calls today.

One restaurant manager for a Center City eatery, who asked not to be identified, said his immigrant staff all showed up last night. Other restaurateurs contacted last night insisted they do not employ illegal workers and reported no disruptions.

"Everybody came to work. There was no disruption," said the manager, who is against the bill sponsored by Reps. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., R-Wis., and Peter T. King, R-NY. "Maybe they [his night workers] got it out of their system at the rally today."

Speakers representing Sierra Leone, Indonesia and Argentina spoke to the cheering crowd.

Immigrants carried signs that read in Spanish, "We want Justice and respect" and in English, "We just came to work. We are not terrorist."

One young woman - who said she paid a human smuggler, or "a coyote," $2,000 to take her over the border into the United States - said she felt she needed to be at the rally. The cleaning woman, who is an illegal worker in New Jersey and whose name is being withheld by the Daily News, canceled three housecleanings because it was "important to come here."

Across the street, in front of the Liberty Bell, stood a handful of counter-protesters.

John Ryan of Quakertown, founder of the Pennsylvania Minutemen, an anti-illegal-immigrant group, carried a sign that said: "Hiring Illegals is Illegal."

Vince Weston, who wore a U.S. Border Patrol cap, said he was not with Ryan's group but agreed with him. "No one's against legal immigration, but illegal immigration must stop," he said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

jobs

Good time for teenagers to look for a job! g

My point, glen.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Brian

Brian,

What I want to stress, any time there are illegals around, you have a string of laws being broken, federal, state, ordinances, civil, regulations, and the effect goes on and on. Not just 1 or 2 laws, but a string of laws.

As we read through the articles you post (appreciate your hard work), we see evidence of many laws being broken, even though they aren't all stipulated.

Real conservatives believe in being law abiding. Lip-service conservatives like John Cornyn, are globalists and liberals.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast