Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dean Calls on McCain to Denounce Tancredo's Pope attack

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... 8279.shtml

WASHINGTON, April 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As John McCain attends the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast in Washington today, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean called on the Republican nominee to denounce insulting comments made by one of his campaign surrogates, Rep. Tom Tancredo. Tancredo issued a press release yesterday attacking the "Pope's comments regarding U.S. immigration policy" and accusing his position of stemming from an interest in "recruiting new members." Dean issued the following statement:

"If John McCain is serious in his pledge to run a respectful campaign, he should immediately denounce Tom Tancredo's insulting remarks about Pope Benedict XVI.

"After years of failing to address immigration reform, the Republican party has instead used the issue to scapegoat people to win elections. If McCain believes, as he has said, that 'these are God's children,' he should not stand by silently as Tancredo or anyone else in the Republican Party continues using immigrants as scapegoats or playing politics with immigration legislation."

"The American people don't want four more years of a President who will callously use issues to divide us rather than working to unite us."

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,

Shut up, Howard Dean! OMG, what an id----!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Shut up, Howard Dean! OMG, what an id----!
    I couldn't agree more. I'm not knocking anybody's religion but with all the child molesters masquerading as priests, you would think the pope would be ashamed to show his face in the US. The fact that he is here doing the bidding of illegal aliens gives Tancredo every right to put him in his mortal place.

If he's so concerned about illegal immigration and survival of their new batch of fresh victims maybe the pope should have gone to Mexico and had a heart to heart with Calderon, the coyotes and the drug smugglers.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Tancredo is right. The Pope needs to worry about the house he's presiding over, not our policies.

74 comments left so far after this article.

~~

Dean urges McCain to rebuke Tancredo
    By Anne C. Mulkern
    The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 04/18/2008 05:49:55 PM MDT

WASHINGTON — Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean today challenged John McCain to denounce Rep. Tom Tancredo's criticism of Pope Benedict XVI.

Speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, Dean lambasted Tancredo and pushed the divisive immigration issue back into presidential politics.

"After years of failing to address immigration reform, the Republican Party has instead used the issue to scapegoat people to win elections," Dean said in a comment now posted on the Democratic Party's website.

"If McCain believes, as he has said, that 'these are God's children,' he should not stand by silently as Tancredo or anyone else in the Republican Party continues using immigrants as scapegoats or playing politics with immigration legislation," Dean said.

Tancredo on Thursday questioned whether the pope had urged the U.S. to embrace illegal immigrants because it would boost the church's membership.

Tancredo cited a Wall St. Journal editorial that said the Catholic Church is losing native-born members while the population of foreign-born, mostly Latino, members is growing.

The pope Wednesday exhorted Americans to "welcome the immigrants who join your ranks today, to share their joys and hopes, to support them in their sorrows and trials and to help them flourish in their new home."

He also spoke with President Bush about the need for a new policy and "humane treatment" for Latin American immigrants.

McCain co-sponsored immigration-reform legislation last year but during the Republican primary toughened his position, calling for border enforcement first.

Tancredo, a Littleton Republican who ran for the presidential nomination largely on the immigration issue, said he was "not surprised," by Dean's comment.

"The far left has been siding with foreign governments, radical multiculturalists and illegal aliens in the immigration debate since Howard's famous scream in 2004," said Tancredo, referring to the boisterous yell Dean gave when he was running for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination.

"He might think this kind of pandering makes good political sense," Tancredo added. "But unfortunately for Mr. Dean and his friends on the left, American citizens — not illegal aliens — are the ones going to the polls this November."

McCain's campaign referred question to the Republican National Committee.

"It has become increasingly clear that Howard Dean will say or do anything to distract from his party's increasingly divisive primary battle," said Paul Lindsay a spokesman for the Republican National Committee. "Voters will see this for what it is — desperation."

http://origin.denverpost.com/technology/ci_8973965
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Gods children" also include Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Ted Bundy, the 9/11 hyjackers, Bin Laden, suicide bombers, accused Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, drug cartel members, and the like. Not all of "God's children" have taken the right path.

Jesus drove the thieves out of the temple. Like Jesus, I want the thieves out of my country.

I would like to see the candidates weigh in on the Absolut vodka campaign. Are they Americans or globalists?

[i]“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dean calls on McCain to denounce Tancredo
    DNC boss wants repudiation of congressman's 'insulting remarks' about pope

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 19, 2008
    12:10 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Sen. John McCain must denounce Rep. Tom Tancredo's exhortation to the pope to stay out of the illegal immigration debate in the U.S., says Howard Dean, the Democratic National Committee chairman.

"If John McCain is serious in his pledge to run a respectful campaign, he should immediately denounce Tom Tancredo's insulting remarks about Pope Benedict XVI," Dean said.

As WND reported, Tancredo – who vied for the Republican presidential nomination to make illegal immigration a priority issue – suggested in a House speech yesterday that Pope Benedict XVI is encouraging Latin Americans to come to the U.S. to bolster flagging membership in the Catholic Church.

Dean, in his open message to the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, accused Republicans of exploiting the illegal alien issue.

"After years of failing to address immigration reform, the Republican Party has instead used the issue to scapegoat people to win elections," Dean Said. "If McCain believes, as he has said, that 'these are God's children,' he should not stand by silently as Tancredo or anyone else in the Republican Party continues using immigrants as scapegoats or playing politics with immigration legislation." Dean said the American people "don't want four more years of a President who will callously use issues to divide us rather than working to unite us."

The pontiff, asked by reporters on his flight to the U.S. Tuesday if he would address Hispanic immigration, said the U.S. must do "everything possible to fight ... all forms of violence so that immigrants may lead dignified lives."

Tancredo, a former Catholic, told House colleagues, "I would like to know what part of our lax immigration policy is considered 'violent.' I fail to see how accepting more refugees than any other nation while providing free health care, free education, free housing and free social service benefits to millions of illegal aliens in this country is any way 'degrading' to them or 'undignified.'"

See Tancredo's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHyfX7updYQ

About 40 percent of the 70 million Catholics in the U.S. are Hispanic.

Tancredo also took exception to the pope telling U.S. bishops Wednesday in Washington, "I want to encourage you and your communities to continue to welcome the immigrants who join your ranks today, to share their joys and hopes, to support them in their sorrows and trials and to help them flourish in their new home."

The Colorado congressman, who now attends an evangelical church in suburban Denver, suggested the pope's comments were, in part, an attempt to recruit more Catholics.

"I suspect the pope's immigration comments may have less to do with spreading the gospel than they do about recruiting new members of the church," he said. "This isn't preaching, it is 'faith-based' marketing.

Tancredo opened his remarks on the House floor by welcoming the pope to the U.S. and commending the Vatican for its strong voice for religious freedom and for helping defeat communism in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.

But the lawmaker said "most Americans might be surprised the pope isn't here just to minister to his flock. He's also here to lobby for amnesty for illegal aliens."

Tancredo said Benedict "added his voice to the open borders lobby by encouraging the president to give the 20 to 30 million illegal aliens in this country a free pass to stay here."

"I'm not taking issue with the pope's moral authority," Tancredo said. "I respect his views on the threats of Islam and the sanctity of human life, but I don't think it's in his job description to engage in American political activity."
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61986

It's Howard Dean, consider the source!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Mailing Address:
    Democratic National Committee
    430 S. Capitol St. SE
    Washington, DC 20003

Main Phone Number:
    202-863-8000