Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deconstructing Alberto: Gonzalez' Amnesty Code

Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez gave a speech yesterday at the Latino Leaders Luncheon, which included comments on the Bush Administration's Secure Borders Initiative (SBI) against illegal aliens.

In that context, as I did yesterday for Department of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff's SBI speech, I've excerpted some of Gonzalez' remarks for commentary:

I am Hispanic. I am Latino. I love my family; I believe in God; and I am grateful for my country, the United States of America, which has allowed me to live the American dream.

-snip-

That American dream is the reason so many immigrants - millions every year - come to this country in search of a better life for their families.
    Millions of immigrants come to this country every year to pursue the American dream? Not according to the DHS, not even close.

According to the DHS September 2005 pdf, Mapping trends in U.S. Legal Immigration, 1980 to 2003, the this country issued 6,246,921 green cards from 1980 to 1989, 9,315,744 from 1990 to 1999, and 3,667,847 from 2000 to 2003. Green cards indicate Lawful Permanent Residence (LPR) status. Only LPRs can be considered immigrants. That's a total of 19,230,512 immigrants over a 24 year period, for an average of just over 800,000 per year. Even the most recent four years, 2000 to 2003, amount to an average of about 917,000 immigrants per year.

The DHS figures affirm America's tradition of welcoming new immigrants to our great nation, but there are simply not millions of immigrants coming to this country every year, unless Attorney General Gonzalez is counting illegal aliens. To do so, however, belies the idea promoted by the Bush Administration that illegals entering any "temporary worker" amnesty would be temporary; immigrants (LPRs) are permanent by definition.

(more, with lotsa links...)
    http://thetarpit.blogspot.com/2005/11/d ... zalez.html

QUOTE FROM GONZALES:
    I am Hispanic. I am Latino. I love my family; I believe in God; and I am grateful for my country, the United States of America, which has allowed me to live the American dream.

-snip-

That American dream is the reason so many immigrants - millions every year - come to this country in search of a better life for their families.

MY RESPONSE TO GONZALES:

I am American. I am an American. I believe in God; and I am more than grateful for my country, I respect the laws of my country which exist to protect the citizens of my country. I am a true American, because I am willing to speak the truth about what is happening to my country.

I know you are Latin, and I also know that your first alliegiance is to Mexico, and not to the United States of America. That is the difference between what you are verses a true American. You are a pseudo-American. This country has become DIVIDED between the the True Americans and the Pseudo-Americans, who's allegiance is really to other countries.

This country was founded on the belief that we must stand UNITED, not DIVIDED.

Go back and fix the ills of the country you most truly love and have a desire to stand by, which is Mexico. This is my country, and I will maintain my protective and vigilant watch upon the insult and damage which you continually try to inflict upon it. My father put his life on the line fighting a war for this country. WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR AMERICA ??

Hurry up, Alberto, you're late for your La Raza luncheon. Don't dare suggest that they pursue the English language, Al, out of respect for the American people. THIS is the difference between you, Al, a pseudo-American, and a TRUE American. Adios, Al.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    MY RESPONSE TO GONZALES:

I am American. I am an American. I believe in God; and I am more than grateful for my country, I respect the laws of my country which exist to protect the citizens of my country. I am a true American, because I am willing to speak the truth about what is happening to my country.

I know you are Latin, and I also know that your first alliegiance is to Mexico, and not to the United States of America. That is the difference between what you are verses a true American. You are a pseudo-American. This country has become DIVIDED between the the True Americans and the Pseudo-Americans, who's allegiance is really to other countries.

This country was founded on the belief that we must stand UNITED, not DIVIDED.

Go back and fix the ills of the country you most truly love and have a desire to stand by, which is Mexico. This is my country, and I will maintain my protective and vigilant watch upon the insult and damage which you continually try to inflict upon it. My father put his life on the line fighting a war for this country. WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR AMERICA ??

Hurry up, Alberto, you're late for your La Raza luncheon. Don't dare suggest that they pursue the English language, Al, out of respect for the American people. THIS is the difference between you, Al, a pseudo-American, and a TRUE American. Adios, Al.
    I'm uneasy when government officials wear their ethnicities on their sleeves while speaking for the government, but I don't know that I'd say Gonzalez' "first allegiance is to Mexico." Better to focus on the not-so-stealthy amnesty he's helping to advance than to speculate about his motivations.

I know what you mean, Sabertooth. Another thing I said was the part about "what has he ever done for America". I have no idea if he's ever had any military service. Maybe he has.

I'm going to try to rationalize some of what I threw out here later tonight if I get some time. But, I see your point, because when I wrote this today, all I could think of is how much of a disappointment he has been, in my opinion.

Check back tonight or tomorrow and I'll try to control how I feel and I'll try to discuss him backed with a few facts and as rationally as possible. Thanks Sabertooth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

About Gonzales:

Gonzales was born in San Antonio, Texas and raised in Houston. He is a graduate of Texas public schools, Rice University, and Harvard Law School. Gonzales served in the United States Air Force between 1973 and 1975, and attended the United States Air Force Academy between 1975 and 1977. He and his wife, Rebecca Turner Gonzales, have three sons.

Well, I guess I stand corrected on his military background. I just don't feel right about him, anyway.

If he was whoever he is (Hispanic, Latin, American, Russian, Haitian), I don't care what his heritage is....I don't like him because he does not promote assimilation of immigrants, he SUPPORTS people who break our laws. As an American...I don't want a person like that holding any high office. I don't give a darn what color a person is, I don't give a darn what their national heritage is....I want PRO-AMERICAN, PRO-ENGLISH, PRO-RESPECT the laws of America people holding office.

Most importantly, I don't feel like wasting anymore time talking about Alberto Gonzales. All I have to say, is that he's never done anything that gives me any reason to repsect him or like him or support him in any way. Now, La Raza...I guess they have all the reason in the world to like the guy. Since I think La Raza is a dangerous organization...that gives me even more reason to be suspect of him.