Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Defend Sen. Dole all ALIPAC'ers...Call to Action!!!

This editorial appeared in the liberal pro-illegal alien Charlotte Observer newspaper on Monday, July 2. It made my blood boil. Please join me in ripping the newspapers editors for publishing this garbage and conducting a personal attack on Senator Dole. Please write a scathing rebuke to this nonsense at opinion@charlotteobserver.com or fax at 704-358-5022

Also, please send a copy of your response to this absurd edorial babble to Senator Dole to let her know she has many friends and supporters, not only in NC but around the country.
    Sen. Dole can be reached via e-mail at:
    http://dole.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAc ... ontactForm

If you have the time or inclination, please give her office staffers a call at:
    Washington: (202) 224-6342
    Raleigh, NC: (919) 856-4630
    to express your support and gratitude.

Charlotte Observer, The (NC)
    July 2, 2007
    Section: MAIN
    Edition: ONE-THREE
    Page: 12A

FAILURE IN THE SENATE
    IMMIGRATION BILL'S DEMISE ASSURES CHAOTIC STATUS QUO

Observer Staff - Editorial

Many North Carolinians agree with Sen. Elizabeth Dole's opposition to offering illegal immigrants a path to lawful status. Just as many agree the nation needs greater proof the Mexican border will be made secure.
    Yet Sen. Dole did not act in the state's interest when she led the conservative opposition that helped kill a decent overhaul of the nation's broken immigration system. Sen. Dole, along with Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., let down their Carolinas constituents when they helped slam the door on that legislation in the U.S. Senate.

The bill wasn't perfect. But it would have ended the chaotic status quo - a welcome step for the Carolinas, where as many as 400,000 illegal immigrants live.
    Those three senators took a disappointing hard line on lawful status and border security, issues that called for practical compromise, not rigid ideology. Contrast that to the leadership shown by Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who offered crucial amendments that provided funding for border security and middle ground on guest worker wages.
    Opponents such as Sen. Dole stirred up deep emotions by calling the bill's path to citizenship for illegal immigrants "amnesty." But it was not. The provision required fines, fees and other steps before offering any hope of citizenship - a fair, realistic approach.
    Critics' rhetoric about border security was off key, too. Sen. Graham's amendment would have guaranteed $4.4 billion a year for guards, technology and barricades.
    It's unlikely there will be a serious effort to fix immigration policy until after the 2008 election. Meanwhile, the problems will get worse. Here's what Americans can expect in the two to three years before Congress takes up this issue again:
    At least an additional million illegal immigrants will likely arrive.
    More employers will hire more illegal immigrants and exploit them by paying rock-bottom wages and ignoring worker safety laws.
    Companies that need foreign workers and want to bring them here legally won't have a means to do that in sufficient numbers.
    We'll still have an unsecured border, one patrolled without extensive electronic surveillance and without additional border guards.
    The bill's failure makes it especially difficult for immigration centers such as Charlotte, since an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the nation will remain in a shadow world. They perform work that's vital to the economy, yet live an ambiguous existence, making assimilation, education and law enforcement much, much harder.
    Immigration is a federal issue, yet its effects are felt locally. That means this bill's demise is a hollow victory for opponents such as Sen. Dole. Making life harder for the communities you represent is nothing to brag about.

To send the newspaper your comments on the poppycock, they can be e-mailed to: opinion@charlotteobserver.com

NOTE: To give you the nefarious mindset that stalks the editorial staff at many of our country's newspapers, the Charlotte Observer is owned by the McClatchy Company whose headquarters is in Sacramento, CA. They have established their "California Values" throughout the country. McClatchy Co. owns 31 daily newspapers in 15 states, with the highest concentration of ownership in the far west (5 in California and 5 in Washington state) and the southeast (with 5 in SC, 2 in NC, 2 in GA and 3 in FL). The Raleigh News and Observer, owned by McClatchy, has also published scathing criticism against Sen. Dole in editorials . Seems that to be hired on as staff or editor at a McClatchy Co. newspaper, a condition of employment is to be a supporter of open borders and amnesty to illegal aliens!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will call her office right after I post this as I so admired what she had to say on this issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are about to launch a full spectrum thank you campaign from ALIPAC

W

Here is my letter:

Sorry, but you have it all wrong. We HAVE LAWS NOW to secure the border and provide for legal immigration. The bill you apparently supported wipes out existing law and replaces with laws that provide for no border security, amnesty for upwards of 20 million illegal aliens and the prospect of many millions more entering this country.

Those working in N.C. and the rest of the US are being slammed by illegal aliens; both in the work place and via social services. Even N.C. is now trying to implement a 1% sales tax on the sale of your home to help offset the cost.

Senator Dole, Senator Burr and Senator DeMint are true heros who stood for the people. They heard our voice and shot down this destructive bill. As Senator Dole said, we want our borders secured first !! This bill was designed by big business, LaRaza (a militant latino organization) and many special corporate interests. There was nothing in this bill that was of benefit to the American people and luckily we still have enough Senators as those mentioned above that are not "bought and paid for" by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Regards,

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER - EDITORIAL STAFF:

I was utterly horrified when I read your commentary about the truly heroic efforts of Senator Dole, Senator Burr, and Senator DeMint.

This bill that was strongly opposed by an unprecedented majority of American citizens would not have ended the “chaotic status quo.â€

I have emailed the Observer and sent a copy of the email (ALONG WITH MY THANKS ONE MORE TIME) to Sen. Dole.

In a few hours, we are going to be celebrating one of the most important dates in our history. If we do not continue our fight, in a few years, there will be no FOURTH OF JULY and the Declaration of Independence (along with our Constitution) will have been destroyed.

God Bless America and every member of our military and every activist fighting for her to stay free.

I believe the death toll from illegal aliens is closer to 46,000 since 9/11. I think you left out the part about reckless or drunken driving by illegals taking out another 25k in addition to the 25k for murder.

Thanks for the reminder--I just called.

If someone has a letter to the editor -- or better an op-ed -- published to rebut the Observor's nonsense, please post.

And thank you Zeezil for posting this. I just called Sen. Dole's office and thanked her and expressed my heartfelt appreciation for her leadership in fighting the terribly flawed amnesty bill. I also said I wasn't fooled by the sloppy, misleading editorial from the Observor, and that I agree with the statement posted on her website:

Hot Topic - Immigration Bill

I opposed the Senate immigration bill because it rushed to legalize millions of illegal aliens, which is not the urgent matter at hand. We must first focus on securing our border and enforcing our laws. We are a nation of laws – it’s time we act like it!

Elizabeth Dole

---------------

p.s. the staff member seem very pleased to hear my message and said she would def pass my message to the senator -- so others, please call her office:

Ph: 202.224.6342

I sent a letter to the Charlotte "Obsfucator" and called her Raleigh office to offer THANKS for helping kill S. 1639.

She is a classy lady and an asset America is proud to call their OWN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast