Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democratic congressman rips ‘illegal alien’ website

msnbc.com

VIDEO: Democratic congressman rips

MSNBC’s Martin Bashir talks to Rep. Joe Crowley, D-N.Y., about a controversial anti-immigration website, plus the problem Mitt Romney may have with Latino voters in November.

>>> under the current president, the number of border patrol agents has doubled while the apprehension of those crossing into this country illegally has dropped to a 40-year low. still, it hasn't stopped one new website from encouraging average citizens to spy on their neighbors and report anyone they suspect may be in the country illegally. it's got some lawmakers very upset. one of those is congressman joe crowley , democrat from new york.

>> good afternoon. great to be back with you.

>> you on twitter called this new website another example of turning immigrants into scapegoats and compared to it vigilante justice. you yourself are work o'a letter to the justice department on this issue. what will you be saying to them?

>> we'll be asking the justice department to advise to us whether or not this violates any federal laws . what it is really using is modern technology for a modern possie to go after suspected illegal aliens . and this website is known as illegal aliens report.com. and what it does is it has anonymous people writing in anonymously with pictures and addresses and actually, of personal information like social security numbers , addresses, et cetera . supposedly reporting suspected illegal aliens . and i think it crosses the line.

>> we were not going on mention the website 's title and name because we didn't want to encourage traffic. but house subcommittee today held a hearing on a new strategy unveiled by the border patrol . it moves the priority from simply building fences to using intelligence to determine why some try repeatedly to cross the border. is this the best way forward for immigration reform ?

>> i do think that really it is just reallocating resources we've given them. to do it in a smarter way and i think that there is no question that our legal system of immigration is broken. and the integrity of our borders is important. we need to know who is in this country and what their purpose is. why they are here. but really what it is really calling for is for an overhaul of our legal immigration system. the one we have now is broken. it needs to be fixed and we in washington need to work on this. i think this website is an offshoot of the disgruntledness of our inability to get something done in washington. it doesn't mean we should not try to fix the problem and i think this website itself could actually exacerbate the problem.

>> indeed. in a pew poll from april president obama leads barack obama by 40%. obama was at a fund-raiser in palm beach when he was overheard saying these numbers spell doom for us if we can't turn them around. today the rnc's hispanic outreach director said romney is still deciding what his position is on immigration and i guess he'll change it once he's decided. he has already said he would veto the dream act . he has endorsed the show us your papers law and has proposed self-deportation for those who are undocumented. i mean, is this just another moment of confusion and etch a sketch for this man?

>> i think what it comes down to is which mitt romney are we talking about? the one enquagd in the primary or the one that will shift and engage in a general election knowing that he has to shift his positions from the radical fundamental positions he has taken in the primary. there is no doubt that mitt romney will once again find himself with the etch a sketch, rehimself. because he has no vision. he does what he thinks will be the best positioning for him to get elected and that's it. i don't think he has much principle at all when it comes to this issue.

>> congressman joe crowley from new york. thank you for going after that website and i'm sure all of us appreciate

source: Democratic congressman rips
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 05-09-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rep. Joe Crowley sounds like a real illegal immigration invasion supporting dirt bag like Pelosi and crew.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the feds would do their job and stop picking and choosing illegals that can stay, we would not be having this discussion. They are ALL LAWBEAKERS. I, for one, live in Mexifornia and am sick and tired of getting my ads in spanish, listening to that chicken sounding language, listening to the stores I go into make their announcements in spanish etc. My state was once a great state. We had some of the best schools, best roads etc. Downtown Ontario, where I use to hang out as a kid, has turned into mexico. Where my grandson goes to school it is 80% mexican. I feel like I don't even live in the US anymore.

Well IAR if they are bashing you, you must have hit one of those "The Truth Hurts" nerves!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Junior Member IllegalAlienReport's Avatar
    My favorite quotes were:

Joe Crowley: "this website is known as illegal aliens report dot com"
    Martin Bashir: "actually we were not going to mention the website's title and name because we don't want to encourage traffic"

Say what you want about Crowley, but thanks to him IAR is the second site on that server to be featured on national television in the past 2 months and the other one has nothing to do with immigration. Unfortunately like the first site this one is making the server crash too. I would think about upgrading to a better server, but traffic from news coverage is always temporary and normal daily traffic is not high enough to make an upgrade worth it right now.

In response to Crowley's ridiculous response to this site we will be launching a new website over the next few days in order to pass the buck off to other websites that let people accuse others of being illegal aliens. It will use code currently in use on a niche search engine that aggregates unrelated accusations and omissions on social networks. All we have to do is target immigration keywords instead, whip up a new Wordpress theme, and set up hosting for http://brokenborderpatrol.com which will officially launch on Monday with a dedication page thanking Crowley for motivation us to go the extra mile.

In the meantime I want to thank you for your support and I hope that once my hosting company finishes dealing with what they think is a DDoS attack that people might actually start using to site to highlight government shortcomings.