Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deported immigrant made her own choices

Comments are being left after this editorial at the source link.
    ~~~

Posted Online: 8-23-2007
    Editorial: Deported immigrant made her own choices

Every issue seems to gain a face, and in the case of illegal immigration, that face now belongs to one Elvira Arellano.

Arellano, 32, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, had holed up in a Chicago church for a year to avoid being deported. She has a son, Saul, 8.

Then rather suddenly (and rather surprisingly), Arellano left the church last weekend to attend a Los Angeles rally for immigrants’ rights. After she spoke there, she was promptly arrested and sent back to Mexico. Her son is staying with the family of the Methodist minister in whose Chicago church she found refuge for a year.

After her arrest and deportation, Arellano told the media, “They were in a hurry to deport me because they saw that I was threatening to mobilize and organize the people to fight for legalization. I have a fighting spirit and I’m going to continue fighting.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Send the son to be with his mother. then the family will not be separated. The only reason that he is still here is for the welfare check he has been receiving.