Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If the couple had been booked on lesser misdemeanor domestic violence charges, "ICE might not even have picked up on this because they're focusing on felonies," Johnson said. "But there's an incentive to charge them with the maximum and get them deported so you don't ever have to deal with the criminal charges."
    Looks like the cops did the right thing and charged both of them with felonies and we got rid of both of them.

Good job officers.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Besides it was her choice to go home! Sorry no tears here its about time one of them is held accountible for their actions too bad the bus couldn't swing by the house to get the kids

and why were the kids not taken to mexico with them?
    this should be grounds for child endangerment

"Instead of giving them a chance to talk to a judge and present their case for some type of legal relief to resolve the issue, two days later the ICE van picks them up and they are sent to Mexico," said González Gutiérrez. "The tragedy is that there are two little kids who remain with the grandmother."
    As I see it, the tragedy was two illegal invaders were ever allowed to enter this country illegally, drop anchor and then have to waste tax payer dollars to deport these criminals.

Take your minor anchor babies with you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    When people are deport they can't take the kids with them because the kids are American citizens and can't be deported.
    They have to be sent to their mother by relatives or the Mexican embasy with the mother's and father's written permission and permission of the U.S.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    When people are deport they can't take the kids with them because the kids are American citizens and can't be deported.
    They have to be sent to their mother by relatives or the Mexican embasy with the mother's and father's written permission and permission of the U.S.
    i dont know, remember Elvira, she took her son back to Mexico with her

If the kid is an American citizen they can't be transported in I.C.E. vehicles because then the parents would claim that I.C.E. deported American citizens and sue them. The kids are usually transported to the parents by family members, lawyers, or child protective services.
    People say the kids went with them but they don't necessarily mean in the same vehicle. They just end up in the same place.
    NO AMNESTY

She was deported to Mexico and he was sent down later, not by I.C.E.

Immigration Activist Deported to Mexico

Aug 20 07:45 AM US/Eastern
    By PETER PRENGAMAN
    Associated Press Writer

Deported: Church Sanctuary-Seeking Immigration Activist Sent Back to Mexico

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An illegal immigrant who took refuge in a Chicago church for a year to avoid being separated from her U.S.-born son has been deported to Mexico, the church's pastor said.

Elvira Arellano became an activist and a national symbol for illegal immigrant parents as she defied her deportation order and spoke out from her religious sanctuary. She held a news conference last week to announce that she would finally leave the church to try to lobby U.S. lawmakers for change.

She had just spoken at rally Los Angeles rally when she was arrested Sunday outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church and deported, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago, where Arellano had been living.

"She has been deported. She is free and in Tijuana," said Coleman, who said he spoke to her on the phone. "She is in good spirits. She is ready to continue the struggle against the separation of families from the other side of the border."

Her 8-year-old son, Saul, is now living with Coleman's family. During a news conference in Los Angeles after Arellano's arrest, the boy hid behind the pastor's wife and wiped away tears.

Arellano had said on Saturday that she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents.

"From the time I took sanctuary, the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," she said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

Arellano, 32, arrived in Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly afterward, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.

She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August but instead sought refuge at the church on Aug. 15, 2006.

She had not left the church property until she decided to travel by car to Los Angeles, Coleman said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed her Sunday arrest. Spokeswoman Gail Montenegro said the agency would have further details on the deportation later Monday.

Arellano is staying with a friend in Tijuana, Coleman said. He said she had brought to light her struggle, and for that, "she has won a victory."

"She'll be organizing on the Mexican side of the border while we're organizing in the (United) States," Coleman said Monday. "She'll be talking to organizations throughout Mexico and congressmen in Mexico City."

Coleman said he and other activists will continue Arellano's original plan to go to Washington, D.C., and take part in a prayer meeting and rally for immigration reform at the Capitol on Sept. 12.

Immigration activists promised protests and vigils to support Arellano.

"We are sad, but at the same time we are angry," said Javier Rodriguez, a Chicago immigration activist who worked with Arellano. "How dare they arrest this woman?"

Anti-illegal immigrant groups said the arrest was long overdue.

"Just because the woman has gone public and made an issue of the fact that she is defying law doesn't mean the government doesn't have to do its job," said Ira Mehlman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which favors limits on immigration.

Arellano has repeatedly called for a stop to immigration raids that break up families with some members who are in the U.S. legally and others illegally. She has said her son would be deprived of his rights as a U.S. citizen if he had to go to Mexico simply because she did.

Emma Lozano, Coleman's wife and head of immigration rights group Centro Sin Fronteras in Chicago, said she was Saul's legal guardian.

"He's taking it better than we thought he would," Lozano said.

While being arrested, Arellano spoke briefly with her son before submitting to authorities, Lozano said.

"She calmed him down, hugged him and gave him a blessing," Lozano said.
    ___

Associated Press writers Sophia Tareen and Michael Tarm in Chicago and Raquel Maria Dillon in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R4OQQ80
    NO AMNESTY

while it's nice to see all of these people removed , they will be back soon ...

we must find a more permant means of defence ... or at the very LEAST start enforcing our no entrance laws much more harshly ... give everyone who wanders back into our country a minimum of 5 years ..

If the kid is an American citizen they can't be transported in I.C.E. vehicles because then the parents would claim that I.C.E. deported American citizens and sue them. The kids are usually transported to the parents by family members, lawyers, or child protective services.
    People say the kids went with them but they don't necessarily mean in the same vehicle. They just end up in the same place.
    Oh, I thought it was maybe because Mexico requires papers.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast