Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As hot as it was in CA. today I bet no one wanted to work out in the sun.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Benjamin Reynosa, who was picking ruby-colored grapes in 90-degree heat last week near Fowler, just south of Fresno, said he often is the only legal U.S. resident on seasonal crews. He said most people hear about the jobs through word of mouth or signs tacked outside rural stores, not the electronic registry.

"I've been working in agriculture for 22 years, and I can tell you there are very few gringos out here," said Reynosa, 49, of Orange Cove, about 30 miles east of Fresno. "If people know English, they go to work in packinghouses or sit in an office."
    I find that although he says he is "legal"?, he obviously does not speak English or he would work in packing houses or sit in an office.

However, I am offended by his use of the term Gringo. The use of this word is meant to be disparaging. US citizens come in all colors and shades, and he displays the arrogance and ignorance that makes him and his illegal amigos unwelcome.

Prisoners should be used to pick crops, along with machines. We do not need third world invaders.
    It would surprise a lot of Americans how much money illegal aliens are paid to do this work and if they knew they'd be lining up in droves.
    I may be, I just may be. There is only one way to tame this beast and that is to be on the inside. They have challenged us and they say your weak and lazy.
    ufwofamer@aol.com
    Ask these folks some serious questions, they are just begging for it.
    Check out our website at: www.ufw.org and keep up with the latest news.

Check out the UFW's Social Networking pages. Click to visit our Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Cause, YouTube, Flickr, and MySpace, Care2 pages. Please link to us and become our "Friend" and follow us on Twitter too!

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for the UFW List Serve.

Please add us to your safelist: Please add ufwofamer@aol.com to your address book so that our messages don't get trapped in your spam filter. If you have questions about how to do this, drop us an e-mail.

Privacy Policy

To unsubscribe, go to: http://action.ufw.org/unsubscribe

This email was sent to: airdale

United Farm Workers, P.O. Box 62, Keene, CA 93531, http://www.ufw.org

Gringo? airdale mucho loco gringo. No problem. America First, English first.
    Since when do pro-illegals practice political correctness anyway?

A couple of years ago I researched the wages paid to fruit pickers in California. $15 to $18 an hour depending on the fruit, plus a bonus and housing, tax free.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If people are not used to farm work, they really can't do a lot of it. Farm work requires a level of physical fitness which most Americans lack. They would only last a few hours at best -- you could probably have Americans
    clean up the cow barn or the chicken pens - but not the stoop labor in the fields or picking fruit -

The way to go is machines to harvest and they are out there.

The way to go is machines to harvest and they are out there
    This has been brought up in documentaries. That the cheap labor force in the fields actually hold back progress for inventions in new machines and technology to do many more of those jobs. Instead of manual labor.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I don't buy it. I have been job hunting for quite some time and I have NEVER seen any farm jobs posted ANYWHERE. In fact, never in my life have I ever seen any such type of work offered. It's my impression that the farm labor jobs are offered in some other more clandestine way that perhaps only immigrants have access to.
    I certainly wouldn't protest the pay that is given for such jobs because quite frankly, at 52 years old, I have never been paid more than $6 an hour ever except once. It's just total BS that Americans won't do those jobs. The truth is....we don't have the opportunity to apply for them. I understand that it is back breaking work and that wouldn't bother me at all because every job I've ever had has been a back breaker. My husband has been a government civil service worker for many years and I can't think of any work he's done that HASN'T been back breaking. It's just a ridiculous myth that Americans refuse to work that entails strenuous manual labor. As a matter of fact, I PREFER to work hard rather than have a cushy sit around boring, behind a desk job.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I don't buy it. I have been job hunting for quite some time and I have NEVER seen any farm jobs posted ANYWHERE. In fact, never in my life have I ever seen any such type of work offered. It's my impression that the farm labor jobs are offered in some other more clandestine way that perhaps only immigrants have access to.
    I certainly wouldn't protest the pay that is given for such jobs because quite frankly, at 52 years old, I have never been paid more than $6 an hour ever except once. It's just total BS that Americans won't do those jobs. The truth is....we don't have the opportunity to apply for them. I understand that it is back breaking work and that wouldn't bother me at all because every job I've ever had has been a back breaker. My husband has been a government civil service worker for many years and I can't think of any work he's done that HASN'T been back breaking. It's just a ridiculous myth that Americans refuse to work that entails strenuous manual labor. As a matter of fact, I PREFER to work hard rather than have a cushy sit around boring, behind a desk job.
    Exactly, elpasoborn. And the clandestine farm labor network is and has been for many years based on seasonal farm worker visas and illegal alien labor networks. They don't advertise, they don't recruit, they don't announce, seek out or do anything that would inform Americans about these job opportunities in any real or meaningful way because they've already filled the positions with immigrant labor, both legal and illegal.

It's a travesty that has robbed Americans of these job opportunities that can lead to better lives for our citizens. My Dad picked fruit and bought his first new car with his earnings. My cousin picked lettuce and paid his own way through University of Kansas School of Electrical Engineering. My friends in high school used their farm work wages to buy their cars, save up for college, or help the family with living expenses, or all of the above. Several used their farm work experience to major in Agriculture, to partner with another and buy a farm, to go into the agricultural commodities business or work for a company that purchased or sold farm products.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I don't buy it. I have been job hunting for quite some time and I have NEVER seen any farm jobs posted ANYWHERE. In fact, never in my life have I ever seen any such type of work offered. It's my impression that the farm labor jobs are offered in some other more clandestine way that perhaps only immigrants have access to. . .
    National Farmworker Jobs Program
    Apr 20, 2003 ... The Employment and Training Administration serves the American farmworker population through two main programs. The National Farmworker Jobs ...
    www.doleta.gov/msfw/ - Cached - Similar

National Farmworker Jobs Program Overview
    The National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP) is a nationally directed program of job training and employment assistance for migrant and seasonal farmworkers ...
    www.doleta.gov › Migrant & Seasonal Farm Workers - Cached - SimilarShow more results from www.doleta.govFarm Worker Jobs | Simply Hired

Every Farm Worker job on the web. 2038 jobs available. Recent Jobs: Farm Workers, FARM WORKERS AND LABORER CROP, CANAM HARVESTING LLC / FARM WORKERS 1 Main ...
    www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/q-farm+worker - Cached - Similar

NorthJersey.com: Americans spurn farmworker jobs
    Americans spurn farmworker jobs. Tuesday, September 28, 2010. BY GARANCE BURKE. The Record. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. VISALIA, Calif. ...
    www.northjersey.com/.../103909359_Ameri ... _jobs.html

Get more results from the past 24 hours
    Farm Worker Jobs | Indeed.comJob search for 1692 Farm Worker Jobs at indeed.com. one search. all jobs.
    www.indeed.com/q-Farm-Worker-jobs.html - Cached - Similar

Farm worker employment services Farm worker jobs Careers ...
    Farm worker employment services Farm worker jobs Careers Aquaculture Opening jobs Farm worker employment services Farm worker jobs Careers Aquaculture ...
    www.forfarmers.com › Jobs › Aquaculture - Cached - Similar

Despite economy, Americans don't want farm work - Yahoo! News
    Sep 24, 2010 ... "We just don't advertise those kinds of farmworker jobs," said Sandi Miller, program coordinator for the county's work force investment ...
    news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration_jobsNational Farmworker Jobs |

UMOS Workforce Development
    UMOS operates the National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP), WIA-167 with an array of services to farmworkers and their families throughout Wisconsin and ...
    www.umos.org/workforce/national_farmworker_jobs.aspx - Cached - Similar

Jobs on Farms and Seasonal Farm Workers - Around the World
    Are you looking for a summer job on a farm in the US, Britain, Australia, New Zealand or elsewhere? Or a farmer looking for seasonal farm workers?
    www.pickyourown.org/jobsonfarms.htm - Cached - Similar
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SEARCH for Farm Labor Jobs @

California Employment Development Department

Jobs in CA.
    http://www.caljobs.ca.gov/

Jobs outside CA.
    http://www.jobcentral.com/
    NO AMNESTY

Ranch Employment Opportunities
    Looking for a ranching employment opportunity? Look no further than Ranch World Ads.
    www.ranchworldads.com/index.php?cat_id=4 - Cached - Similar

Cattle Ranch Jobs - Horse Ranch Jobs ...
    Ranch Jobs: Looking for Ranch Hand or Camp Staff Position anywhere ... Ranch Jobs: Wanted - Assistant Trainer for Cutting Horse Operation ...
    www.ranchworldads.com/index.php?cat_id=4&sort... - Cached - Similar

Show more results from www.ranchworldads.com
    Employment Farm Ranch Jobs Careers

Employment Farm Ranch Jobs Careers, . All products, auctions, jobs, careers, Employment Farm Ranch Jobs Careers, farms for sale, machinery, animal, ...
    www.agriseek.com/work/e/Employment/Farm-Ranch/
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast