Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman Peter J. Roskam (R-IL) today issued the following statement on the heels of a United States Department of Justice lawsuit filed against the State of Illinois and its plan to prohibit employers from voluntarily enrolling in any Employment Eligibility Verification System:

"Governor Blagojevich and the Illinois Legislature are acting against the best interest of Illinois workers, Illinois families, and against the safety of our nation.

"It is unbelievable that a legislative body would prohibit honest employers the right to voluntarily verify the citizenship status of their workers. It is against the law to hire an illegal alien and the federal E-Verify system is currently the best means available for employers to ensure compliance.

"Allowing undocumented workers into the workforce takes jobs away from hard-working Illinois families.

"Immigration reform begins at the border. We must remove the magnets that attract hundreds of thousands of illegals to cross our borders every year.

"Governor Blagojevich is attempting to preempt federal law by creating a virtual sanctuary within the State of Illinois for illegal aliens. Subsequently, the Department of Justice has filed suit in federal court today, and I applaud their actions."
    I sent Roskam an email of thanks and praises for his stance. I also asked him to tell Durbin and Obama that AMERICAN COLLEGE STUDENTS have DREAMS too.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

It's about time!!!!

WHAT! Something good is coming out of Homeland Security and Skeleton Chertoff?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH MY Chertoff keeps this up I may have to say something good about him! But I'll hold off on my opinion for now and see where he is going here!!

I am very happy for Illinios though do hope things start happening there very soon. Sheeez you may even start haveing jobs come open again and at a decent pay, WE CAN HOPE!!

---------------------- RED ALERT NOW"-----------------------
    ALL HANDS ON DECK STOP THE..

DREAM ACT" "NOW"
    NEW POSTING TREAD FOR RED ALERT
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=84409
    CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SENATORS , NEWS, RADIO, ECT.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 761#384761
    PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

OMG, I can't believe it ! Now they need to go after all the sanctuary cities and states!!

Tune in to Lou Dobbs tonight because this topic will be one of his segments:

[i][color=red][b]The Department of Justice has filed a civil lawsuit against the
    state of Illinois, on behalf of DHS, for drawing up legislation
    that would prohibit employers from enforcing the new workplace
    enforcement laws. DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff calls the
    proposed bill “a direct assault on federal law.â€

DJ
    I'm wondering if Bush will start reading the American "tea leaves" and begin to make a big show of enforcing our laws and securing the border. He has utterly FAILED at everything else he has tried to do in his presidency--from the war to the immigration crisis--so it would not surprise me if he suddenly did an an about face and claim that he wants what Americans have been clamoring for so that he can get the credit for the improved state of things--and so that perhaps the Republicans will stand a chance for the presidency in 2008. I'll take it any way I can get it, but I have a feeling that he is waiting and watching to see which way the wind is blowing before he makes anymore assinine comments about "comprehensive reform." I'm not sure he can take much more ridicule and disrespect from our citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I'm wondering if Bush will start reading the American "tea leaves" and begin to make a big show of enforcing our laws and securing the border. He has utterly FAILED at everything else he has tried to do in his presidency--from the war to the immigration crisis--so it would not surprise me if he suddenly did an an about face and claim that he wants what Americans have been clamoring for so that he can get the credit for the improved state of things--and so that perhaps the Republicans will stand a chance for the presidency in 2008. I'll take it any way I can get it, but I have a feeling that he is waiting and watching to see which way the wind is blowing before he makes anymore assinine comments about "comprehensive reform." I'm not sure he can take much more ridicule and disrespect from our citizens!
    I've had the same thoughts about the Republican Party in general glomming onto the only issue that can save them from extinction. Romney has been on his soap box; Gingrich is a late-comer to the issue. Even Rudy is trying to disavow his previous support of the illegals. I won't even go into the flipping of my dynamic duo: Chambliss and Isakson. This is one of those burning issues with no middle of the road where all those elected prefer to drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast