Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    With 22-year-old Luis Jr. and 20-year-old Monica, Irma arrived Oct. 11 in Escuintla, a grimy world of poverty and danger. Children in saggy diapers toddle where mangy dogs traipse. Within the course of three nights soon after their return, the family came within yards of three killings and one hit-and-run.

They quickly found work at Hannah's Hope, an orphanage run by an Oregonian in Guatemala City. But they quit after two weeks because the area where they were living, the city's notorious Zone 1, was too dangerous.

"At night when we'd come home from work, and in the early morning, we'd walk past drunks, drug dealers and transvestites, and on the buses men would stick to us," Irma says. "I couldn't continue to expose Monica to those things."
    Wow, they just described the Mexico barrio in Los Angeles, which is the largest Mexican barrio in the United States.

Seriously, anyone here go with the family to Guatemala? If there are no witnesses, I think I'll choose to believe they're big fat liars! Show me the proof baby! Not that it really matters, but anyone under the circumstances they described is probably going to exaggerate the truth somewhat to strengthen their sob story. They'll get no sympathy from me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    This reporter has been going down their apparently, but never says what she has witnessed firsthand. However, she does always include a snipet about the young woman, ow depressed she is, and how she will not try to talk with her relatives, or how she sits around and cries about her dog she had to leave in Beaverton (which by the way folks, is very nice and afluent area, even WE cannot afford to live over there).

I think this young woman needs to be looking to her mother and asking her why she would have not only risked their lives coming here illegally, but risking their futures by not waiting to follow the proper channels, instead of trying to make Americans feel as though we are responsible for her families predicament.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CCUSA, Wehear so much of this, yet these illegal aliens get more sympathy, and they broke our laws, came here illegally and cause the bad situations they were in. I am so burnt out on that.

My own brother, who is now 44, has three girls, cannot get a decent job for the life of him. Every time he thinks he has a good job, it falls from beneath his feet. Now mind you all, that he will do just about any kind of work, and in fact he has been a school janitor, then his most recent was he worked in HVAC. This folks is a very grimey job. I would see him come home (they lived next door to us for a while) with his face just covered in soot and dust other than where he had a mask and goggles on. Never saw an illegal want that job.

Then the two companies he had worked for started losing their customer base. He found out the main reason was they were being undercut by a few companies locally that were hiring people he and his co-workers thought to be illegals, they were told, word of mouth through the trade, that these guys could not speak English. So he had to leave as he had been paid mainly on commission.

So many stories like these, all over this country, and it is not just field work folks, it is all sorts of jobs. You name it and they have infiltrated that field one way or another, and cut Americans out of work, or significantly reduced their wages by their illegal presence in the job market.

I have sympathy for all of these people, except the illegals. They are getting what they deserve when they get deported.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I will pray that he finds a great job soon. I get so upset and angry when I hear President Bush and the rest of the OLB say these are jobs American's won't do. What a bunch of liars!! That is putting it mildly.

I hope the below article posted today gives you and the rest of us hope of turning the tide.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01121.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These "boo hoo" stories fail to move me anymore. That family got exactly what they deserved.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

So true. The columnist always fails to mention that we have laws against illegally crossing our borders.

What were they expecting? Had I decided to reach across, at the grocery checkout, and just help myself to the money in the clerks drawer, you bet I would be arrested for theft, and held accountable, and this would be called a crime.

To me, these people have done no less. They have reached across our borders, taken an Americans life, in one way or another. By being here they have forced that livability threshold so much higher for us, so many of us can barely afford to even live where we do, and barely make ends meet, and the stakes keep getting higher, and wages are just not keeping up, all because the wages have become depressed and stagnant.

The Oregonian is one of our newspapers...

I work for The Grand Rapids Press here in Grand Rapids, Michigan...which is one of 8 newspapers owned by Booth Newspapers, Inc...which in turn is directly owned by Advance/Newhouse out of New York. Advance/Newhouse also directly owns The Advance newspaper here in Grand Rapids also.

Advance/Newhouse owns the Oregonian and also the New Orleans Times-Picayune which is also one of our newspapers. Advance/Newhouse owns about 26 to 28 newspapers nationwide, and also The American Business Journal in 41 cities nationwide, and many magazines and also a cable tv division. They are a billion-dollar corporation.

Check out www.advance.net and get a good look at all that Advance/Newhouse owns. Quite a company.

To CCUSA - yes I can relate to that man and his son. I'm in IT and one of the most pernicious features is being forced to train your foreign replacement, which has been reported for about six years now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12