Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I signed up and got a password instantly but am getting a file extension pop-up and the video does not play.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got a password instantly and the pictures are clear
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tried to sign on last night and didn't get a password. The site says if you haven't received one in 24 hours, notify the posted e-mail that you haven't yet received one. I did that tonight, and so far, I'm still waiting.

I think kids who are into video games should do this instead.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

MW
    Hey, could you folks that have successfully logged on tell the rest of us what you're seeing? Are you actually seeing illegal immigrants attempting to cross or just desert and coyotes (4 legged kind).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I tried to sign on last night and didn't get a password. The site says if you haven't received one in 24 hours, notify the posted e-mail that you haven't yet received one. I did that tonight, and so far, I'm still waiting.

I think kids who are into video games should do this instead.
    Thanks for the update. Just emailed the address too.
    Yep, the kids could figure this out for sure, they're naturals.

And I'm with MW. What is anyone seeing???
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I couldn't get mine to work. The installation seemed to occur in an instant, kinda' like a blink. Anyone know if you have to disable McAfee in order to make it happen? And if it tried and failed, is there a way to recover?
    '58 Airedale

Maybe it has to do with 'glitches?'

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 9392&rfi=6

11/04/2006
    Glitches hamper border camera site
    By LIZ AUSTIN PETERSON , Associated Press

AUSTIN — Texas launched its ambitious effort to use Internet users to watch the border for illegal immigrants. But the network of surveillance cameras was plagued by technical problems, the images were grainy and the cameras were placed so high that it was hard to distinguish a person from, say, a bush.Republican Gov. Rick Perry, who announced plans over the summer to spend $5 million on the virtual posse, asked for “forgiveness on the front end of this” but dismissed the problems as routine computer glitches.

“I’m sure that as you start a big program like this that you will have some glitches,” Perry, who is up for re-election, said Friday in Brownsville. “My wife’s computer is not working this morning.”

The cameras will operate at criminal hotspots. Members of the public who see something suspicious over the Web cameras can e-mail authorities.

However, the Web site does not work on some Internet browsers. The images were grainy and it was difficult to tell whether, for example, a group of people on the screen was a family crossing a crowded parking lot or a band of smugglers with their human cargo.

The view from one camera on the Rio Grande was largely obscured by a bush. In another, all that was visible was the license plates on passing cars.

When he announced the program in June, Perry said the images would be available online in a month. While the first cameras were installed within a month, and law enforcement officers have been watching them since then, the public Web site was not up and running until late Thursday.

Perry spokeswoman Kathy Walt said that it proved more difficult than expected to get the public site running and that the launch so close to the election was a coincidence.

Law enforcement officials have access to footage from about 15 cameras, Walt said, but only eight appear on the Web site.

Walt said authorities have been trying to work out technical issues, such as the proper distance and how to achieve good picture quality. Since much of the border is undeveloped land, the system’s designers also had to figure out how to use batteries or solar power and how to transmit by wireless signal.

Six companies have donated their time and camera equipment, Walt said. The state paid a seventh company $100,000 to create and run the Web site.

Within a few days, the state plans to ask companies to submit proposals to install dozens of additional cameras.

Since the cameras were installed, local law enforcement officers have spotted some suspicious doings, including water crossings and nighttime activity at rally points, Walt said.

Some civil rights groups have criticized the virtual border watch plan, saying it will instill fear in border communities and could lead to fraudulent crime reports and racial profiling.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2
    I couldn't get mine to work. The installation seemed to occur in an instant, kinda' like a blink. Anyone know if you have to disable McAfee in order to make it happen? And if it tried and failed, is there a way to recover?
    It did say you have to disable your "pop-up stopper." Its been another 24 hours and I still haven't heard back from these folks yet...
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I`ve been watch the videos for the last 3 days + this morning.
    All of a sudden when I went to log in this afternoon my user name and password was rejected. No error message saying " invalid username or password" I just click the "log in" tab and the were earased.
    I try again, UN and PW was saved but the same thing happened.
    I have 3 different email addresses so I used a different one, got another password, but still, the same thing happen.

I think its the site. but I`ll keep trying.
    They suggest to
    Check your junk mail to see if the password ended up in there.

Here`s one of my(spare) email add, and the password they sent to this add, if someone that has`nt been on would like to try.

mkfarnam@netzero.net
    WaxDuY4v
    ------------------------

I just got back on the border watch site with Netzero.

With my "pop-up blocker" off, I found a pop-up window open behind the other windows that were open. that seemedto do the trick.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast