Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Dobbs: A big 'hallelujah' for American voters

Dobbs: A big 'hallelujah' for American voters

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/08/Dobbs.Nov9/

By Lou Dobbs

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Hallelujah, brothers and sisters. I'm not even sure what "hallelujah" means, but the word just feels right after witnessing what is at the very least an awakening of the power of the people. I'm hopeful that November 7 was also a declaration that middle-class Americans won't be taken for granted by either political party.

This midterm election was a victory for the Democratic Party. Voters rejected the Republican Party out of hand and gave the Senate and the House of Representatives to the Democrats.

Voters chose to overturn our current one-party political structure and returned checks and balance to our government. November 7 also demonstrated that the American electorate is far more discerning and independent-minded than either political party or our elites would like to believe.

While the Democratic Party was the clear winner, I don't believe for even a moment that the Democrats' ideals prevailed over Republican ideals. Election Day was middle-class America's declaration of independence from a Republican-led administration and Congress that for six years has been telling working men and women and their families in this country to shut up, listen up and go to hell.

The middle class just returned the favor and demonstrated discernment while delivering their loud message to Washington, D.C.

Take for example the state of Arizona, where voters sorted through 19 ballot initiatives, eight House races, one Senate race and chose a governor. Arizona voters approved four separate measures that revealed their frustration with the endless influx of illegal aliens into that state, including one measure that makes English the official language of Arizona. And don't think that the vote was an expression of social conservatism: Arizona also became the first state in the country's history to reject a ban on same-sex marriage, the only state among eight to do so this November.

Arizonans re-elected Senator John Kyl, who co-sponsored tough legislation to establish border security and reject illegal immigration. At the same time, they refused to send anti-illegal immigration candidates Randy Graf and incumbent J.D. Hayworth to Washington.

And voters in six states, including Arizona, approved initiatives raising minimum wages for their lowest-paid citizens. Those six states -- Colorado, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, Nevada and Arizona -- joined 23 other states and Washington, D.C., which have already raised their minimum wage requirements above that of the federal government. The Republican-led Congress refused for nearly a decade to raise the federal minimum wage, despite the fact that the minimum wage's purchasing power is now at the lowest point in more than 50 years and business profits are soaring.

Surveying the long list of initiatives all across the country, it's clear that voters cast their ballots with intelligence and heart far greater than that of their elected officials. California voters, for example, rejected a proposition that would tax oil producers to create a $4 billion alternative energy program to reduce oil consumption by 25 percent. While I support the goal, the proposal was a weak-kneed and poorly considered one that would have simply created a pass-through to California's energy consumers.

Voters in nine states issued a stunning rebuke to all levels of government on the issue of eminent domain. In those states, voters halted the rising national trend of allowing primarily local governments to seize personal property for private commercial development. Democrats as well as Republicans would do well to understand that the record long list of state initiatives represents frustration with elected officials at both the state and federal levels.

For their part, the victorious Democrats have a unique opportunity to put the middle class of this country first and foremost in their policies. If they fail to do so, November 4, 2008, will be an ugly date in their destiny.

Election Day was middle-class America's declaration of independence from a Republican-led administration and Congress that for six years has been telling working men and women and their families in this country to shut up, listen up and go to hell.
    It's hard to believe but that is exactly how they treated us. It feels so good to have some power back again.....doesn't it American Brothers and Sisters?

We have it at least for the moment. Enjoy it. It could be over in a week or less. I hope not.....we'll see.

Someone who in my opinion acts like a monster over the American middle class is Ted Kennedy. Eeek. Chill. He screams and yells on the senate floor pushing agendas which are in complete oposition to the will of the American people. Let's hope they can keep him quiet for awhile......if that's possible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's hard to believe but that is exactly how they treated us. It feels so good to have some power back again.....doesn't it American Brothers and Sisters?
    The only thing that occured as a result of the election is that a clear statement was made to THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DO NOT CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF THIS GOVERNMENT.

As far as the People achieving a change in the past practices NOTHING has happened. Those who wish to destroy this nation are still in control. They just sent in the B string and will sacrafice a few Reps on the alter of discrediting them in an attempt to pacify the masses to buy time.

The border will be wide open, the 12 million will suddenly become quoted as 30 million. The Texas Corridor will proceed. The economy will be inflated and collapsed.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Maybe not Xanadu. Let's see how it all plays out first. President Bush is a lame duck, he might like vetoing things, and the Dems have to know that they are walking on very, very thin ice with the American people.

There's another even bigger election coming up and it's the next one.

This could be a very good time period for us, by the grace of God.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Well I hope we get rid of voting machines and go back to paper.

At least then...we may have a way to verify...including legal and illegal!

I voted absentee ballot!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Dems have to know that they are walking on very, very thin ice with the American people.
    I hope you are right Legal. I really do! I guess I am a tiny bit more optimistic today but not much. People were motivated and stood up and made their views known. What bothers me is this:

The people creating the spin made it clear it was about the war it is about a great deal MORE than the war all of the issues of equal importance. Will the newly elected hear the spin or hear the People?

I think it is terribly important for each of us to write, call or email the newly elected Democrats and tell them what the issues truly are.

Close that border, repeal the Patriot Act, repeal the Military Commission Act, repeal the sneakily signed Federalization of the National Guard and DEMAND IMPARTIAL INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATIONS WITHOUT CFR MEMBERS ON THE PANELS
    AND
    lets not forget THE SECOND AMMENDMENT AND THE RIGHT TO BARE ARMS AND PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THE LUNATICS THEY ALREADY LET IN.

There are more but off the top the Constitution and our bill of rights restored would be a good blank blank start.

Do I think this is going to happen. NO sorry told you I was only very slightly optimistic.

Remember to try to get Palosi out and it is very important that the women are the ones doing the screaming so they can't use the "prejudice against women" card they are ready to play.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)