Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Lays Out His Immigration Plan In Des Moines Register Column

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Lays Out His Immigration Plan In Des Moines Register Column

Donald Trump Lays Out His Immigration Plan In Des Moines Register Column

Allan Wall

[COLOR=var(--color-secondary-text)]Jan 8, 20243 min[/COLOR]
    Screenshot | Des Moines Register

The Iowa Republican caucuses are coming right up. They are scheduled for January 15. Iowa’s famous caucuses form an important part of the 2024 election process.

Donald J. Trump, the front-runner among GOP candidates, recently had a guest opinion column published in the Des Moines Register.

Here at Border Hawkwe cannot endorse candidates, but we can and should publicize and pay attention to the immigration policies proposed by various candidates.

And this Trump opinion piece in the Register is certainly worth reading.

The first paragraph sets the tone:

The most urgent task facing the next president is to end Joe Biden’s nation-wrecking nightmare on our southern border. I am the only candidate who will stop this invasion — and I will do it on day one.

Our country has many problems. Why would the state of the border be Task #1 for a potential post-Biden presidency?

It’s because this government-facilitated invasion on our border is transforming our nation. All other issues – economic, cultural, societal and constitutional – revolve around it.
    Trump explains how he handled the border during his term:

Under the Trump administration, we had the most secure border in U.S. history. We ended catch-and-release, and removed over 1 million illegal aliens in my first term. I negotiated unprecedented agreements with Central American nations and brokered ‘Remain in Mexico’ to stop the flow of migrants to our border. I also got the Mexican government to deploy tens of thousands of soldiers to the border free of charge.

The former president refers here to his innovative Mexico policies. Thinking outside the box, Trump was able to use his authority to compel the Mexican government to actually help us secure the border. What a contrast with the current administration!

By the time I left office, we’d built 500 miles of border wall, with many more miles just weeks away from completion. And under my Title 42 policy, people all over the world knew that if they entered illegally, we would send them straight back home.
    By the end of Trump’s term, the border situation was much better than it is now.

However, in 2021 the Biden administration intentionally reversed Trump’s accomplishments.

But then Joe Biden came in, canceled the border wall, ended Remain in Mexico, ripped up my asylum bans, ended Title 42, and began resettling millions of migrants into American communities at taxpayer expense.

Now you are witnessing the disastrous results. We have the highest number of illegal border crossings in history, by far. Nearly a quarter million migrants crossed in November alone — and that’s a likely vast undercount. Migrants are overwhelming our cities. Drugs, criminals, gang members and terrorists are pouring in.

Trump’s pledge?

On my first day back in office, I will terminate every open borders policy of the Biden administration and immediately restore the full set of strong Trump border policies.

But what about the hordes who’ve already gotten in?

Then, we will begin a record-setting deportation operation. Joe Biden has given us no choice. The millions of illegal aliens who have invaded under Biden require a record number of removals. This is just common sense. To achieve this goal, I will make clear to every department and to state and local governments that we must use all resources and authorities available. We will shift massive portions of federal law enforcement to immigration enforcement — including parts of the DEA, ATF, FBI, and DHS.

These are interesting proposals.

Two additional priorities should be:

• A drastic reduction in the level of legal immigration

• An end to our insane anchor baby policy giving automatic citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens

Here’s how Trump ends his opinion piece:

We do not have time for on-the-job training. Unlike every other candidate, with me, there is no question. I promise you that I will get this job done. Iowans want secure borders. You must send that message with your vote. Show up on Jan. 15 and vote to stop the invasion by caucusing for Donald J. Trump.

As I say, we can’t endorse candidates. But it certainly is an interesting opinion piece!

You can find more of Allan Wall's work at his website.

https://borderhawk.blog/donald-trump...gister-column/
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

He also needs to deport DACA, TPS, Refugees, and Asylum liars and defund and shut those programs down.

DACA is illegal and Obama had no authority to give them "Deferred Deportation". Deferred is OVER, out they go.

He needs to CUT OFF every taxpayer dime funding NGO, Churches, United Nations, Soros organizations who are funding this unrelenting invasion.

He needs to end birthright citizenship. Issue a Certificate of Child Born Abroad and deport them.

He needs to defund sanctuary cities and states.

He needs to deem all driver's licenses issued to illegal aliens as Null & Void. Impound the vehicle, deport them on the spot. Our states have different concealed carry gun laws. They are not valid across state lines. SAME should happen with driver's licenses issued to illegal aliens, they cross state lines who do NOT issue licenses to illegal aliens then that state has the RIGHT to arrest them and deport them.

He needs to END school for illegal aliens and send that to the Supreme Court.

Cut off all funds to the United Nations.

No bank accounts for illegal aliens.

25% tax on all remittances to pay for deportation.

Utilize our military transport planes and ships and ship them back in the thousands. If our Coast Guard can deport them back to Cuba, Haiti, etc. and our military can transport unvetted bogus "refugees" here then they can damn well deport and transport them back home!

Enforce Public Charge. No welfare, no TANF, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing. No illegal alien SHALL collect any taxpayer funded benefits on behalf of a U.S. citizen whether that citizen is a minor or otherwise. Deport them with their offspring.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL