Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't Like Soccer? Another reason you are a Racist.

Dave Zirin, sports correspondent for "The Nation" (self-described as "the flagship of the Left") tells how he found another reason to call us the "R" word. You can get a good example of his vitriolic ranting by viewing the following article that starts with that tired, stupid, nonsensical "No One Is Illegal" line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-z..._b_553262.html

So anyway, he has authored an article on the NPR website this morning, with pejorative references like "big white people who live in the suburbs" and a reference to a statement by Glen Beck... "Gee. It's (soccer) kind of boring." which he translates to "Look out whitey! Felipe Melo's gonna get your mama!"
    You can view that article here...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127829764
    No amnesty until the border is secured... then no amnesty.

Re: Don't Like Soccer? Another reason you are a Racist.

Unbelievable. Next the "Far Right" will be labeled as "Racist" for not liking chitlins and grits and not getting excited about P. Diddy's clothing line or failing to ask themselves when they get up in the morning "how is that P. Diddy doing anyway? I really love his ground breaking clothing line and I can't get enough of the enormously high quality music he puts out..."

Comment:

""I don't think they are. I detect a lot of culture-warrior rejectivism going on among progressives, here, actively championing soccer not just because they simply like soccer better, but because they actively and affirmatively reject the culture they grew up with and seek, as they often do, an alternative that is both foreign and therefore "better," and which also, quite consciously, places them in position outside the American cultural mainstream."

In other words, be prepared for a wave of "white guilt" Soccer fanatics whose lack of knowledge about the game will only make them seem like idiots to foreigners anyway.

Well maybe this is the reason . . . if you attend a Chicago Fire game the illegals boo during the national anthem. Doesn't make me lover soccer!
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. The dems ARE getting desperate. They're losing their cool all over the place (Etheridge, Clyburn...) while looking for some a$$ to kick (obama). I mean, after all, NOTHING is worse than soccer hating, gun toting, environment killing, SUV driving, tea partying, vegetable growing, anti-communist, hard-working, self-sacrificing, AMERICANS.

I would love to see the crowd reaction when the illegals boo at a WWE event.

There surely would be a riot!
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

The reason, to me, soccer is BOOOORING is you run around for about three hours (don't give me any crap about stragegy) and STILL be tied 0-0. Or in the case of US v England 1-1. Ooooohhhhhhh talk about exciting....

My wife born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina hates soccer. She grew up under this culture and finds the sport and the majority of the people who attend to be detestable. I guess that makes this Italian but American labeled Hispanic a racists too? To be very honest I can't stand it either. I would rather sit and watch the grass grow. Its the most boring sport I have ever seen. Just having to hear those buzzing horns they blow makes me crazy after about 1 minute.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Comment:

""I don't think they are. I detect a lot of culture-warrior rejectivism going on among progressives, here, actively championing soccer not just because they simply like soccer better, but because they actively and affirmatively reject the culture they grew up with and seek, as they often do, an alternative that is both foreign and therefore "better," and which also, quite consciously, places them in position outside the American cultural mainstream."

In other words, be prepared for a wave of "white guilt" Soccer fanatics whose lack of knowledge about the game will only make them seem like idiots to foreigners anyway.
    As they say "you have hit the nail on the head" concerning the Elitist who always know better and are always superior! However, there are likely U.S. Citizens that enjoy the game of soccer.

I love soccor. My son was in a team for 4 years and he really enjoyed it. Then he went on to high school and was on the football team for a few years. The only thing that gets me is why do foreigners call soccer "futball?" They are clearly 2 different sports.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast