Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Middle class president

Middle class america seems to be looking at themselves as failures.

We trust guys getting 300$ haircuts to "get" us and our problems. It is easy to rail against the problems of middle class and collect a mil dollar paycheck. They simply cannot understand financial stress.

75 points rate cut today. Everyone I know stuggling to keep their homes cannot refinance because their house values have dropped. They will lose their homes after the struggle eventually.

Those with a good credit and have it made will jump in and buy those foreclosed homes at deal prices.

Sounds like rescue package for those who dont need to be rescued. If we were represented in the govt by true middle class people we wont have these lopsided measures.

You want to be represented by someone from your level? Remember that their best decisions got them where you are today. Do you want to be represented by someone who has now reached a point in their life where they my lose their home? They don't sound like someone ready to lead a country to me.

why such a condescending attitude towards middle class ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    You want to be represented by someone from your level? Remember that their best decisions got them where you are today. Do you want to be represented by someone who has now reached a point in their life where they my lose their home? They don't sound like someone ready to lead a country to me.
    Your level ?? A little more money and you assume you know what's better for middle class ? you are suggesting middle class as those who cannot think for themselves. So may be we should have voting rights for those who earn a million and above.

You are an excellent example as to why middle class interests cannot be represented by the rich.

by the way ppl lose homes when jobs are lost..."the smart n rich" like u work for companies like countrywide and enron..you make smart decisions and yet companies go belly up. May be being rich is a matter of inheritance and not being smart. Georg Bush being the main example.

I didn't mean to diss the MC. I am middle class. I don't presume I could run the country. I do presume if you're middle class you don't have the experience to run the country.
    I work for a company that has gone from 500 workers to < 100 workers due to competition from China. I'm still here because I've worked here for > 32 years.

Lou is talking to Ross Perot. Is that a sign he's preparing for a run?

Re: Fake populist. What we need is a middle class president

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar
    Lou Dobbs is demagogue who survived falling ratings by turning into a populist. He takes a 16 mil $$ salary and lives in a 300 acre property. He is a shameless profiteer. Itz time we elect a middle class president who stands up for American middle class.

Looks to me like if you are not having 300$ haircuts you cant be running for president in America.

What good leaders cant come from middle class backgrounds ?
    Lou Dobbs born in Texas moved to Idaho after his fathers propane business failed. He worked the fields in summers . Middle class?
    Looks like he does understand job loss and hard work.
    A Harvard degree in economics, guess he would not borrow money from China to give to Mexico. I also believe he wouldn't give amnesty to millions to compete for the jobs citizens should have.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12