Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More than 130,000 Petitioners Want Dream Act Placed on Referendum in 2012

By Frank Smith | Email the author | 11:42am

Republican delegates delivered an overwhelming number of petitions to Annapolis on Thursday evening to get the Maryland Dream Act in front of the public for a vote in 2012.

More than 12 boxes, each brimming with petition signatures, were stacked around the entrance to the Maryland Secretary of State’s office on Thursday evening. They were delivered there by volunteers and delegates who want to see the Dream Act canceled by placing it on the 2012 ballot for a statewide referendum.

They needed 55,736 signatures. And Republican Del. Neil Parrott (R-Washington) said on Thursday that with this newest batch, they have amassed more than 110,000.

Senate Bill 167, commonly called the Maryland Dream Act, would allow high-performing, undocumented, immigrant students to attend college locally while paying in-state tuition rates. The bill passed through the House of Delegates by a 74-65 vote and the Senate by a 27-20 vote.

The bill was set to go into effect this week, but petition signatures began rolling in by the thousands. State and local officials say they have until July 20 to verify them.

Parrott has been spearheading the petition drive over the past months, and held a press conference outside the Secretary of State’s office, saying they crossed the finish line that evening. In front of a firing squad of television cameras, Parrott said the final days of the petition drive were overwhelmingly successful.

“There’s been a huge surge of signatures in the past few days, specifically today. We had a lot more that came to Washington County headquarters, and a lot that showed up right here in Annapolis, and those are being counted right now,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The only sad thing right now is the intimidation that is now coming from Casa de Maryland, the ACLU, and the Catholic church. They are all "hinting" that all of us who signed the petition will be "contacted." I am not sure what that means. I do not want some pastor knocking on my door with an illegal alien "Dreamer" in tow. I do not want my phone ringing only to find Casa de Maryland on the other line. Casa de Maryland is a hateful, lawless organization and now they have access to my personal information. This sure as hell does not feel like democracy.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

YEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT was a lot of work...but WE THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. Take that CASA de Maryland and the corrupt evil doers in Annapolis!

OUR FOUNDING FATHERS GAVE US THE TOOLS. We CAN and WILL defeat this illegal alien invasion!

Thanks for the support from kind folks on ALIPAC site!

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    The only sad thing right now is the intimidation that is now coming from Casa de Maryland, the ACLU, and the Catholic church. They are all "hinting" that all of us who signed the petition will be "contacted." I am not sure what that means. I do not want some pastor knocking on my door with an illegal alien "Dreamer" in tow. I do not want my phone ringing only to find Casa de Maryland on the other line. Casa de Maryland is a hateful, lawless organization and now they have access to my personal information. This sure as hell does not feel like democracy.
    Hippie Chick! Do NOT let these bastards intimidate you. BTW we are working on a plan. I can PM you later to be a part of it.

If one of the Dreamers with their priest in tow showed up on my doorstep, I would be on the phone to 911 quicker than they could say "hola."
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    If one of the Dreamers with their priest in tow showed up on my doorstep, I would be on the phone to 911 quicker than they could say "hola."
    Ditto! I dare these (mod edit) to visit me or INTIMIDATE ME in any way! It won't be good for them to do so.

Gotta love that "Casa de Maryland" crap, eh? I mean, God forbid they use an ENGLISH language name for an organization here on US soil, right?

Anyway, I have my suspicions about the motives of these people asking for copies of the petitions for "review," don't you? Could they possibly be considering harrassment of law-abiding CITIZENS who signed the petition, the way homosexuals in California did? Hmmm?
    Viva La Migra! [Hooray for the Border Patrol!] Viva Ramos! Viva Campean!* Good Riddance to El Presidente Jorge Boosh!

RELATED

It's official: MD. certified petitions surpass minimum needed

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-242836.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by vivalamigra
    Anyway, I have my suspicions about the motives of these people asking for copies of the petitions for "review," don't you? Could they possibly be considering harrassment of law-abiding CITIZENS who signed the petition, the way homosexuals in California did? Hmmm?
    There has already been Catholic leaders along with Casa de Maryland saying they are going to "contact" every person who signed this petition in hopes to change their mind and to inform them of the "truth" about this bill.

As far as I know, the only "truth" about this bill is that it forces taxpayers to subsidize the tuition of illegal aliens.

And I have no idea how I will react if a priest shows up on my doorstep with an illegal alien "Dreamer" in tow. My guess is profanities will pour from my mouth. Haha.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12