Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Driver in fatal hit-and-run 'devastated' by deaths

Driver in fatal hit-and-run 'devastated' by deaths
    By April M. Washington, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
    Originally published 12:00 p.m., September 8, 2008
    Updated 12:38 p.m., September 8, 2008

The hit-and-run driver who killed a toddler and two women in Aurora last week is a young father who is "just devastated" about the loss of life, his attorney said today.

"He's distraught about the loss to the families. He has two young children himself," defense attorney Kallman Elinoff said after the first court appearance by Francis M. Hernandez today in Arapahoe County District Court.

The 23-year-old man hung his head solemnly as District Court Judge Anne Ollada set his bail at $250,000.

Hernandez will return to court Thursday morning to face formal charges, including three counts of vehicular homicide, hit and run, and vehicular assault.

Clad in an orange jail jumpsuit and handcuffs, Hernandez briefly made eye contact with several family members in court, including his girlfriend who carried his baby in her arms.

Afterward, family members hustled out of the court house, saying "No comment" to questions from the news media.

Hernandez's attorney, who was just retained Sunday, said the defendant and his close-knit family expressed grief and deep remorse for the victims.

"He is just devastated," Elinoff said, adding that Hernandez could not even discuss the Thursday night wreck.

Police said Hernandez was speeding and moving in and out of traffic south on Havana Street and ran a red light at Mississippi before broadsiding a pickup, killing two women. Both vehicles careened into the Baskin-Robbins, where 3-year-old Marten Kudlis — having an ice cream with his mother — was dragged to his death.

"He will be dealing with these deaths the rest of his life," the attorney said of Hernandez.

But a friend of the Kudlis family rejected Hernandez's claims of remorse.

"If he's so remorseful, why did he run? If he's so remorseful, why did he flee the scene?" demanded Sean Erhard.

"It's because he thought he could get away with it like the other 15 times," Erhard said, referring to Hernandez's long history of arrests and being a fugitive from past criminal charges.

Elinoff said Hernandez fled the accident scene — not to escape — but to "collect his thoughts" after the crash. Police later arrested the man at his home.

Federal immigration authorities are investigating whether Hernandez is an illegal immigrant. He has variously given his birthplace as California, Mexico and Guatemala, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Elinoff couldn't not clarify whether Hernandez is a U.S. citizen or a legal immigrant. The attorney said his understanding is that Hernandez has been in this country since he was a baby, but he did not known if the defendant was born here.

No victims' family members were present at the hearing. Vito Kudlis, the dead boy's father, was meeting with police investigators this morning.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... s-lawyer-/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If anyone believes this fake compassion B.S. line then they must also believe that pigs do fly and monkey's do really fly out of everyone's butt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am LIVID over this to the point where, right now, I am not even capable of saying what I think of this ba***** ,and what he has done, in a civilized manner fit for posting

Clad in an orange jail jumpsuit and handcuffs, Hernandez briefly made eye contact with several family members in court, including his girlfriend who carried his baby in her arms

And don't even let me get started on what SHE was trying to pull by bringing that baby into court

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If anyone believes this fake compassion B.S. line then they must also believe that pigs do fly and monkey's do really fly out of everyone's butt.
    "He will be dealing with these deaths the rest of his life," the attorney said of Hernandez.
    Yup in jail!!!

He's a lowlife. If this was his first run-in, fine. BUT his rap sheet can wallpaper a closet!

Hopefull his kid will not follow in his path, but the path back to Mexico with illegal momma. I'm assuming she'd illegal, anyone know?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

So, which one of the 11 (ELEVEN!) alias's are we to believe? NONE! I know everyone deserves representation when they go to court, but HOW do those sleaze bag lawyers sleep at night knowing they are lying for SCUM?

Elinoff said Hernandez fled the accident scene — not to escape — but to "collect his thoughts" after the crash. Police later arrested the man at his home.

Federal immigration authorities are investigating whether Hernandez is an illegal immigrant. He has variously given his birthplace as California, Mexico and Guatemala, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Oh ya....LOL.....I believe him......not.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I am LIVID over the this to the point where, right now, I am not even capable of saying what I think of this ba***** and what he has done in a civilized manner fit for posting

Clad in an orange jail jumpsuit and handcuffs, Hernandez briefly made eye contact with several family members in court, including his girlfriend who carried his baby in her arms

And don't even let me get started on what SHE was trying to pull by bringing that baby into court
    Yep, those little anchor babies were there to elicit sympathy for a dirtbag!

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil

In the case of IAs, we're supposed to buy that it's angels flying out their collective arse.

Good fathers and husbands don't speed through traffic because they value thier lives for the sake of their children and they want to live to raise and care for them.

Be gone with that jerk.

Dixie

I don't have aliases that list a different place of birth, do you? I have some records that list my married name but that's easily straightened out. Having more than one ID unless you've been married or had a legal name change is a big red flag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast