Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Durbin vows to pursue DREAM Act

Durbin vows to pursue DREAM Act
    Published: 10/23/2009 4:51 PMSend To:

Comments: 27

U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says his push for the failed DREAM Act will continue as long as he "draws breath."

The Democrat from Illinois has sponsored the legislation since 2001. It's designed to help provide legal status for undocumented immigrants who are brought to the U.S. as young children and educated here. The act would help those students qualify for financial aid, among other benefits.

Durbin's comments Friday come as Sen. Charles Schumer of New York is drafting comprehensive immigration reform.

Durbin says Schumer, a Democrat, has promised the DREAM Act will be part of that. But Durbin adds immigration reform won't come until next year because legislators are now focused on health care.

Durbin spoke at an immigration forum at DePaul University in Chicago.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=331349&src=109
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says his push for the failed DREAM Act will continue as long as he "draws breath."
    Well, let's help him with that! Come next election lets vote him OUT.

The Senate is falling back to 2010! Now we just need to know where Congress is on the Guitierez bill?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I honestly don't understand why guys like Durbin and Schumer can't see the larger picture. We have already given these kids an education (often in their native language while they assimilate), and to expand their education, they should be sent to their home country to attend those upper education schools, or apply to come here on a student visa. They can make a difference in their own countries.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    I don't understand why Americans in the past, kept voting in criminal politicans like Durbin and Schumer. It's a pathetic joke, I often get form letters from Schumer thanking me for my concern ( as an example I tell him to vote against Amnesty) and then the rest of the form letter dismisses everything I said, and goes on to say what he is going to do.

About Amnesty, Schumer says we he is sure that I agree that we can't afford to deport them all, and he personally will "fix" the broken immigration problem by giving these "folks" a "Pathway to Citizenship" ie Amnesty.

April
    And we VOW to pursue him until he gets it through his traitor head that NO MEANS NO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    And we VOW to pursue him until he gets it through his traitor head that NO MEANS NO!!!!!
    AMEN!
    "

"The real Dream Act would send these students back to their HOME countries and stop draining our resources that could be used to assist United States Citizens and NOT the ILLEGALS and their Anchors! Just follow the money! The Elitist Politicians and their Elitist Political Contributors want to continue to have United States Citizens pay the benefits for their ILLEGALS while they continue to have their BOTTOM LINES increased at the taxpayer's expense!"

So...I guess I know how this guy got his first name... Am I allowed to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    So...I guess I know how this guy got his first name... Am I allowed to say that?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast