Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

E-Verify a help in hiring process

Opinion

June 12, 2011

E-Verify a help in hiring process

Laurel Leader-Call

LAUREL — Though the people have long demanded federal action to find workable solutions to combat illegal immigration, the federal government has continued its refusal to protect our national integrity.

In response, at least 15 states now require employers to utilize the E-Verify System as part of their hiring process.

Recently, in a case that has significant implications for illegal immigration enforcement at the state level, the United States Supreme Court issued a ruling in Chamber of Commerce v. Whiting.

Before the Court was an Arizona immigration law (the Arizona Legal Workers Act), which requires every employer in that state, after hiring an employee, to verify the employment eligibility of the employee by using E–Verify. The law also provides that the licenses of state employers that knowingly or intentionally employ unauthorized aliens may be, and in certain circumstances must be, suspended or revoked.

Shortly after its implementation in 2007, open-border advocates sought to have the law declared unconstitutional, contending that the two primary provisions used to enforce the law are preempted by federal law.

By a vote of 5-3 the Supreme Court disagreed, finding that the Act “fits within the framework of existing state laws, doesn’t infringe on federal laws, and falls within the delegated authority of states.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    E verify and any other data base should be made manditory in the hiring process. Also anyone who applies for a job and is found to be illegally here also needs to be detained and deported.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wife

My wife is a retired clerk from a Georgia school district. A short while back she was asked to come back, for a couple of days , as a contractor, to fill in for an ill worker. She did that. Then she got a phone call that, in order to get paid, she had to be E-Verify checked.

I helped her to register. It took about 5 minutes. It was easy. Then , a couple of days later, she received a call from them, was asked a few questions and got an email with her E-Verify number.

I am happy that our school district followed the law. What we were asked to do was trivial compared to the results. Anyone who says E-Verify is hard to use is not telling the truth.

Re: Wife

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    My wife is a retired clerk from a Georgia school district. A short while back she was asked to come back, for a couple of days , as a contractor, to fill in for an ill worker. She did that. Then she got a phone call that, in order to get paid, she had to be E-Verify checked.

I helped her to register. It took about 5 minutes. It was easy. Then , a couple of days later, she received a call from them, was asked a few questions and got an email with her E-Verify number.

I am happy that our school district followed the law. What we were asked to do was trivial compared to the results. Anyone who says E-Verify is hard to use is not telling the truth.

Well, we all know who says E-Verify is hard to use, racist, error-proned, time-consuming, etc. Illegal aliens and their supporters! The rest of us know the truth.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Now we need to E-verify all social service programs in all states. Walk in to the social service office in this town and you would swear you are south of the border. Nebraska passed a bill to do this for all new enrollee's. I will like to see it done to all on who are on the rolls at present. Do this also and there will be a mass exodus out of this country.