Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

East Texas Businessman on New Illegal Immigrant Regulations

An East Texas Businessman Talks About New Illegal Immigrant Regulation

It's a crackdown on illegal immigrants-- firing workers with questionable social security numbers-- and it could soon become mandatory for businesses of all sizes.

The Homeland Security Department could soon make new rules public that would do just that.

"We have a production rose company. We started in business in 1953," said Mark Chamblee of Chamblee Rose Nursery. He employs 28 at his family nursery, "It would affect me, yes."

He and many other East Texans will be affected by a proposed Homeland Security change .

"We would be expected to terminate that employee if their information is incorrect."

The rule, as drafted, would require employers to fire any worker within 60 days who can't verify themselves to be a legal worker.

Mark has a few workers he may have to let go.

"We are hoping, and as a member of the agricultural society. That we can get something provided to us from the federal government that is a workable solution to the problem."

Mark says there needs to be a way for employers to help their workers become citizens legally.

"It would be worth it as an employer for a valuable employee that I have invested a lot of time and training into the system if there was a way possible," says Mark.

It's an investment Mark says has worked well in the past.

This has already affected an East Texas employer. Pilgrim's Pride confirms they recently fired employees at two plants. Once the rules are in place employers who don't comply could face fines from $250 to $10,000 per incident.

Danielle Capper, Reporting. dcapper@kltv.com

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6879568

I have a workable solution, HIRE AMERICANS and pay them a decent wage!!!
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

NO! You need to pay a prevailing wage and hire Americans!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: East Texas Businessman on New Illegal Immigrant Regulati

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    "It would be worth it as an employer for a valuable employee that I have invested a lot of time and training into the system if there was a way possible," says Mark.
    Sorry, no sympathy from me. He should have made sure he was investing all of that time and training in someone who was here LEGALLY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mark says there needs to be a way for employers to help their workers become citizens legally.
    ...so this guy has basically known all along his workers were ILLEGAL. Where's ICE??? And American citizens have no responsibility, nor do they want to cooperate with your mindset to get your illegals citizenship. I suppose by paying depressed wages you've made out pretty good, huh? Was it cash under the table so no taxes were with held? Or did the illegal have a fraudlent or stolen SS#? Either way...you're screwed. Time to pay the piper.

Notice this article says "legal worker"

Not legal immigrant or US citizen.

These programs they are saying are for "legal workers" could affect all of us that refuse to be tracked by the govt with big brother biometric ID.

W

I believe this place in is Tyler, Texas.

Believe me, Tyler was called 'The Rose Capitol of the World' back when Americans were doing all the work.

These illegals only add to the bottom line.

Save your tears - but keep a close eye on this. I think something is coming down teh pike to 'help' these poor beleagured (but criminal) employers.

H2A visa. Ever hear of it buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    H2A visa. Ever hear of it buddy?
    Yes, they have heard of it.

I don't know if the 'quasi-legal' workers that get in through NAFTA are the H2A or not - but believe me, they are no better than illegals. At least as far as America is concerned.

Whether or not these people get freebies or not, I don't know. I do know that many of them are more than manual laborers. They are very well educated people with well-educated spouses. Spouses that are getting jobs right and left in America - definitely jobs Americans do want.

Also, these people have no respect for America or Americans, either.

Before we educate them on the H2A - I would rather they were made to seek employees from American citizens.