Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Ed board more divided than the Mexico-U.S. border

Ed board more divided than the Mexico-U.S. border

http://www.ocolly.com

By The Daily O'Collegian Editorial Board

For the second time this year, the editorial board was so split that we decided to write a two-sided editorial. This time, the issue is House Bill 1804, a measure targeting illegal immigration.

In favor of the bill

House Bill 1804 simply makes it illegal for a business to hire an illegal immigrant.

It would also require proof of citizenship to receive certain government benefits. It requires those having DUI or felony charges brought against them to prove their citizenship.

Although these measures may seem extreme, oh wait, no they don’t. Reqiuring businesses to confirm a worker’s legality will help end the exploitation of foreign workers.

Sponsored Ad
    Paying illegal aliens well below minimum wage should not be tolerated. Citizenship checks will end the abuse of these workers.

Often people say there is no such thing as an “illegalâ€

They risk nothing coming here. They come for the free education, free medical, to drop their anchor babies and get even MORE benefits.

They don't want to assimilate.

Do you know what happens if they become legal? They are no longer cheap labor and employers then demand MORE illegals. ENOUGH! No more.

Enforce the dam*ed laws!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    The other side says they should go through the legalization process, which can take years and be expensive, taking up time and money many immigrants do not have.
    Great example of the arrogance that spews from this group. They don't have time to wait, so why can't they go to the front of the line? That damn legalization process, it's too expensive and time consuming. I think I'll take the law into my own hands and cross the border illegally. And, when you give me grief about it, I'll just turn your flag upside down and spit in your face.

click on the link and post something.
    i did