Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No Match Letters

I'm happy to see our government and companies follow-up on no-match letters. The best way to control illegal immigration is to cut off the jobs for illegal immigrants. We should have started doing this decades ago. The proposed regulation is not even law yet, but many companies are following-up and firing illegal immigrants.

One comment though...the critics are right when they say 60 days is not enough time to resolve discrepancies with Social Security, as it relates to immigration. I suspect the problem lies with communications between the agencies, or Immigration's usual slow response to much of anything. It takes Immigration two years to process applications for naturalization (legal requirement of 120 days), and routine adjustment of status from nonimmigrant to permanent resident often takes over a year.

My wife and daughter are both LEGAL immigrants and both have problems with Social Security that already have taken more than 60 days to resolve. After receiving her green card, my wife wants a social security card without a work restriction, and in her married name. My daughter's birthdate is two days off on her green card.

Every time we go to the social security office, the say they need time and give us a letter promising an answer in four weeks. Another four weeks goes by and then there's a different problem, then they need another four weeks! I have a whole stack of letters. Resolving problems for legal immigrants is clearly not a priority for Social Security!
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

bquasius, this lady told me that she was a former illegal...

from the 1986 amnesty. Obviously she lied big time. Apparently the company told her that she had to have a certain paper [from Social Security?] to return to work but she never came up with it and apparently she could not provide legal documentation for her kids [rumor has it] and I don't know if her kids were born in this country or not.

I DO know that she is a mexican citizen and she told me in mexican that she came here when she was big, that is, as a teenager...brought here by her family.

I think possibly that she was lying about getting the 1986 IRCA amnesty and that she is an illegal alien and has always been and that she arrived here AFTER the 1986 IRCA amnesty or else she did not qualify for it.

My ex-husband, a former-illegal alien mexican got the 1986 IRCA amnesty...S.A.W. II and he has had his green card since 1992 in Florida. He would have already applied for naturalization as a U.S. citizen but he is too STINGY to spend $1,500+ to a lawyer for his citizenship. If it was $500 he would do it.

Also, he did not speak any English when I met him in Dec. 1986 but now he speaks English almost as good as you or I. I taught him English by the immersion method. I only spoke English to him for 14+ years and did he learn. I regret it now because I can no longer talk bad about him in his hearing and he knows what I say. Also, he has had English classes to improve his written English.

So, YES, she could have learned English if she had wanted to but she never did.

I don't feel sorry for her. She shouldn't be here in the 1st place. She should have applied to come here LEGALLY and should have waited her turn in line like my 2 immigrant sister-in-laws did...one from the Phillipines and the other from Russia.

She should have been deported and permanently barred from this country for the rest of her life for entering this country illegally and for remaining here illegally and working here illegally and living here illegally.

I have no sympathy for illegal alien criminals.

Also, my ex-sister-in-law, a real bad apple...

and a former-illegal alien mexican from the 1986 IRCA amnesty has been here since 1977 and refuses to learn English. She should never have been allowed to receive the 1986 amnesty and she should have been deported and permanently barred from this country for the rest of her life. I really cannot say too much but she is a perfect "poster child" in favor of the deportation of illegal alien criminals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12