Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira Arellano: Angered at Mexico

Deported entrant wants to return to U.S. as Mexican ambassador

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 09.05.2007

MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government said Tuesday it is talking with U.S. officials about whether a deported illegal entrant and activist could return to the United States.
    The entrant, Elvira Arellano, was arrested and sent back to her native Mexico last month after taking refuge in a Chicago church for a year to avoid a deportation order.

Mexican Foreign Secretary Patricia Espinosa said she approached U.S. authorities on Arellano's behalf after the 32-year-old activist asked Mexican President Felipe Calderon to help her return to the United States legally as a "peace and justice" ambassador.
    Espinosa did not say whether Mexico planned to give Arellano the diplomatic post, but said officials were trying to determine if there was any way she could could go back to Chicago.
    Arellano's U.S.-born 8-year-old son, Saul, is a U.S. citizen. He flew to Mexico on Friday to be reunited with his mother, and plans to stay here indefinitely, although he was expected to return briefly to the United States this month to participate in an immigrant-rights march.
    Mexico has yet to receive an answer from U.S. officials, Espinosa said at a news conference Tuesday.
    "The government in the receiving country has to authorize diplomatic posts. It has to grant the visa," Espinosa said.
    Arellano said she would not back down from her request and was angered that Mexico was seeking a U.S. visa, adding that the Mexican government should not have to ask permission to send her north of the border.
    "I'm not asking for any visa," she said. "I want a diplomatic post as ambassador of peace and justice, and I won't accept anything less."

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/199772
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Re: Elvira Arellano: Angered at Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by TheFomorian
    [size=24]...and was angered that Mexico was seeking a U.S. visa, adding that the Mexican government should not have to ask permission to send her north of the border.[/color]
    "I'm not asking for any visa," she said. "I want a diplomatic post as ambassador of peace and justice, and I won't accept anything less."
    HUH?! She doesn't need the permission of the U.S. to enter the country. She better not get that diplomatic post. Peace and justice??? Right!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I believe Mexico wishes she would just go away. She will push until she pushes herself out of the spotlight. Maybe she will turn hre anger on the Mexican government and get something done in Mexico for it's people.

The US needs to turn this down. She is an american law breaker. She should not be in America. Write you senator and congress.

She's just Miss Congeniality, isn't she?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

laughable

we all know what Mexican immigration law says about this:

Mexico refeserves the right to arrest and deport anyone who....

Mexico deems inconvenient
    ...tries to change the laws of Mexico..

who the hell does she think she is?

She's got a real habit of "not accepting" anything less than what she wants. Who the hell does she think she is?

April
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    She's got a real habit of "not accepting" anything less than what she wants. Who the hell does she think she is?
    Typical behavior and attitude of a criminal who is used to getting away with breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    The US needs to turn this down. She is an american law breaker. She should not be in America. Write you senator and congress.

WE do need to let them know how we feel, that we oppose her ever coming back into this country. If she does pick her up, jail her for ten years. She is trying to make a mockery of our legal system.

Best laugh I have had all week...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast