Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira arrives in LA

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0 ... b01_layout

chicagotribune.com
    Immigrant activist arrives in L.A.
    By Antonio Olivo

Tribune staff reporter

2:10 PM CDT, August 18, 2007

Elvira Arellano, the illegal Mexican immigrant who avoided deportation for a year by taking refuge in a Humboldt Park Church, arrived in Los Angeles today and is expected to address a march for immigrant rights later this afternoon.

Arellano, her eyes puffy from a lack of sleep, arrived in Los Angeles this morning and went to the Our Lady Queen of Angels Church.

Her son Saul, who traveled separately, joined her in Los Angeles today.

Arellano slipped out of Adalberto United Methodist Church on the Northwest Side on Thursday night, a day after announcing she would travel to Washington, D.C. for a prayer vigil and fast on the National Mall. Arellano's trip to Los Angeles marks the first time in a year she has ventured outside the Humboldt Park church, her friends and supporters say.

Arellano said she felt compelled to leave her sanctuary church in Chicago because she had become frustrated "with my arms crossed" while other families like hers were impacted by raids and immigration crackdowns.

"We can't just stay there quiet while seeing how all of this is affecting our families," she said in an interview with the Chicago Tribune. "We cannot wait until after the elections," to again pick up immigration reform.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Elvira Arellano, the illegal Mexican immigrant who avoided deportation for a year by taking refuge in a Humboldt Park Church, arrived in Los Angeles today and is expected to address a march for immigrant rights later this afternoon.
    Can't get anymore 'in your face' than that! Where is ICE, and why haven't they already arrested her? She is no longer in her sanctuary church, so what is our government's excuse? It is outrageous to permit this criminal to flagrantly make a mockery of our laws.

Her son Saul, who traveled separately, joined her in Los Angeles today.
    I understand he flew to LA. Apparently there is no shortage of money.

I kinda think the more media exposure she gets the more people are going to be questioning why ICE has not done its job.

What do you all think ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Apparently there is no shortage of money
    So there we have it...an undeniable case of "aiding and abetting". Think our worthless government will add that to the list of offenses? Hell No, I doublt she'll even be arrested, much less deported. I understand they are in the process of modifying at least 50 forms at INS. I'm sure they have a special "Elvira" form to legalize her presence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is anyone else calling the ice office in LA? I was hoping people would fill their messagebox over the weekend.

I hope that church in Chicago is changing the locks while she's out.

I will vote for ANY mayoral candidate who promises to deport this once deported , law breaking, anti-American, subversive, radical , LaRaza, CRIMINAL, social security thief... felon!!! She is now contaminating MY city and making public appearances to boot! She will be the #1 campaign platform for the next mayoral election!

In the meantime, maybe we can offer a substantial reward to anyone who is instrumental in having her deported ASAP....no questions asked!!!

The real problem is by singling her out it makes it (enforcement of the law) about her about her and not the law..

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    The real problem is by singling her out it makes it (enforcement of the law) about her about her and not the law..
    I disagree, domack..by capturing her and jailing her would make this whole thing about the law.

I can imagine a number of her 'people' are following her like a hawk with cameras to capture if she is taken in. I further imagine they wouldn't even hestitate letting Saulita be there, crying his eyes out, tugging at his mom, "Don't take my mommy (in Spanish)."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast