Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira has left church and is on the move?

Source says immigrant activist leaves church, is en route to L.A.
    By Antonio Olivo, Tribune staff reporter
    3:18 PM PDT, August 17, 2007
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/chi-w ... ome-center

Rev. Marco Cardenas leads Elvira Arellano, her son Saúl, and other activists in prayer Wednesday before giving a news conference commemorating her year of taking refuge in Adalberto United Methodist Church, on the West Side.

Elvira Arellano has slipped out of Chicago and apparently is headed toward Los Angeles, where an immigration march is being planned for Saturday, a West Coast march organizer said today.

She had announced plans this week to travel to Washington next month.

Arellano, an illegal Mexican immigrant, became a lightning rod in the country's immigration debate after taking refuge inside a Humboldt Park church last summer. Just two days ago, she announced she was leaving the church and was heading to Washington, D.C., to participate in a Sept. 12 prayer and fast vigil on the National Mall.

If all goes according to plan, she will be joined in Los Angeles by her U.S. citizen son, Saul, 8, who flew ahead with a family friend, a West Coast organizer said Friday.

"That is a courageous, courageous woman, absolutely," said Javier Rodriguez, whose group, the March 25 Coalition, is coordinating the planned downtown Los Angeles march.

Arellano, 32, apparently left the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Thursday night, shortly after the church locked its doors and stopped receiving visitors, announcing a period of meditation and prayer. A source privy to the plans for Arellano's departure who requested anonymity said she left in a car sometime after 8 p.m.

Emma Lozano, one of Arellano's closest advisers, wouldn't confirm Arellano was en route to Los Angeles.

"As far as I know, she is still . . . she is in sanctuary," Lozano said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"That is a courageous, courageous woman, absolutely
    So purposefully avoiding the law has now become an courageous adventure? How nice.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope they deport her...

I will bet she gets face time on the TV...

i think i'm going to be sick....

Where's Dog the Bounty Hunter? LOL Makes me think of the old west and who is avoiding the law. LOL Get Elvira.....

LA is closer to the border than Chicago. Thanks for the help Elvira.

Dixie

Personally, I hope ICE is waiting for her when she arrives in L.A. As Dixie says, it's a shorter trip back to the border from there!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Does she look a little bit pregnant in that photo?

I would laugh like h--- if she is. Unmarried....sex in church....sure would PROVE her lack of morals.

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd

I would laugh like h--- if she is. Unmarried....sex in church....sure would PROVE her lack of morals.
    Good pick up! I think you're right she looks about 5 months or so. She wants another little anchor baby. Where's a priest when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd

I thought she looked a bit chubby myself so I asked my wife to take a look at her pic, the first thing she said was "she's pregnant"
    I am going to love hearing her explain this one.
    Gee, I wonder who the father is?
    Maybe this explains why she is leaving the church and feels safe, one more anchor on the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast