Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira Leaves Tijuana, Upsets Supporters

Arellano Leaves Tijuana, Upsets Supporters

Aug 22, 2007
    Amy Isackson
    http://www.kpbs.org/news/local%3bid=9412

An immigration activist who was deported to Tijuana earlier this week has moved onto Mexico City. Elvira Arellano's quick change in plans has left a few unhappy activists in her wake. KPBS Reporter Amy Isackson has the story.

Arellano was the woman of the moment in Tijuana earlier this week when she was deported from Los Angeles.

Media swarmed the 32-year-old from Chicago like she was a Hollywood star and lapped up her tough talk.

Activists from both sides of the border clamored to be by her side.

They organized a Thursday press conference at Tijuana's city hall for Arellano, which, they say, was scheduled to synch up with an event supporting her in Los Angeles.

Victor Clark directs the Binational Center for Human Rights in Tijuana. He says now that Arellano has gone to Mexico City, they have had to cancel their event.

Clark says it’s up to her, and he respects her decision. But it leaves him with a bad impression. He says it seems opportunistic.

In Mexico City, Arellano is demanding that President Felipe Calderon defend Mexican migrants and push harder for immigration reform.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, so now she going to ask her government to help her get back into this country. If she's got that much pull, why don't she ask her government to straighten out their own country so their people can go back home.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    So now mexico can tell us what to do?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

In Mexico City, Arellano is demanding that President Felipe Calderon defend Mexican migrants and push harder for immigration reform.
    There's that 'demand' word again.

She should 'demand' Mexican citizen's rights in her own country.

Why are we suppose to take care of their problem?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I bet she will try to find a way back into the US before Christmas. I hope we can keep track of her and make sure she does not succeed.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Media swarmed the 32-year-old from Chicago
    Don't you really mean from Mexico and illegally living in Chicago.

Clark says it’s up to her, and he respects her decision. But it leaves him with a bad impression. He says it seems opportunistic.
    Ya think?

Chuckle, it's finally going to her head. And so typical. Where someone thinks they are more important/relevant then they really are. 'Stars' get used to the media attention and they sometimes do anything when it goes away.

In a way she's forgetting the 'little people' that need her help and probably listening to the big time activist (who will completely use her). This will be interesting to watch her crash and burn.

I read an article that she is letting Saulito decide where he wants to be. Right now he wants to be with his friends she says. But he will visit her a lot. DAMAGE CONTROL if I ever saw. And who would let an 8 year old make such a big decision???? My children would come with me and that's it.

The chutzpah of this fugitive is unparalled! What nerve! Thank God she is free-loading in her own country! Maybe Calderon will get her a job cleaning planes for Mexicana Airlines! I hope the media will stop ALL coverage of this piece of garbage and her jackpot baby! Everyone just needs to IGNORE her!!!

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I'd like to know whats going on in her head! What the hell is she thinking? Going to the Mexican government to get rights in the United States!!! DOES THAT MAKE SENSE????
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I think she thought she'd leave the boy behind and there'd be an out cry from the American ppl to bring her back here to the states to reunite with her son.......NOT!

With the rape and death of Danni Countryman and the shootings and deaths of the 4 college students still fresh in the American ppls minds,I don't think there is too much sympathy for her so called plight anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast