Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English learner court deadline looms

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/110505.php

By Howard Fischer
    Capitol Media Services
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 01.09.2006

PHOENIX â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, the FIRST thing they need to do is identify the children that are here ILLEGALLY and send them back. That would cut down on SOME of the need to teach English. This is yet another reason that this anchor baby law has GOT to be changed. NO STATE can afford this kind of burden. And, the FEDERAL government is requiring this kind of malarkey from the STATES when the STATES can't do a damn thing about sending the illegals HOME. This is just WRONG. If the federal government refuses to do its job in stopping this invasion, it is certainly unfair to expect the states to come up with the money to SUBSIDIZE these ILLEGALS.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Arizona officials should tell Washington: SCREW YOU!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They OUGHT to tell Washington--"YOU are aiding and ABETTING this problem. Now do YOUR PART to correct this problem"!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I think the federal government should have to cover all costs of illegal immigrants since it's the fed's responsibility to keep illegals out anyway. But that would just be taking money out of one pocket and putting it in the other I guess.

No--I AGREE with you. They won't allow local law enforcement to ENFORCE the IMMIGRATION LAWS so they shouldn't expect the states to bear the burden of PAYING for all of these excessive costs inherent with illegals. If the federal government would FEEL THE PAIN, maybe they would realize it was time to ACT.

going to have to spend to ensure that children learn English.
    Both Gov. Janet Napolitano and Republican legislative leaders have pledged to focus attention on the problem of people crossing the border illegally. But when they convene today they face a Jan. 24 federal court deadline to come up with a funding plan to accommodate English language education for children who already are here and attending Arizona schools or begin paying fines of $500,000 a day.
    The feds are doing the same thing to oregon school - this is an outrage- it is the federal governement's fault the illegals are here with their rabbit dens of anchor babies and then they hold the states and cities responsbile -

If states don't accept federal money, will they still have to follow the no illegal child left behind thing?

If not, no state should accept federal money.

I dont know myself- but I imagine that the feds have school districts all the country where they want them- I can only imagine the rules and reams of paperwork involved in this ----------
    in other words- It would not suprise me if the feds removed programs that also served the legal poor- like the school lunch program-
    I wonder where they are going to get and keep good teachers with low wages and the high stress of dealing with immigrate populations- who have no intention of learning the language of the dominant culture- dare I say it The E word???? english

That is SO RIGHT, Rebecca. What teacher in their right MIND would WANT to deal with what they are being asked to deal with now?? And, remember that school system in Hilton Head, SC that was going to REQUIRE that their teachers take Spanish over the summer at THEIR OWN EXPENSE?? I would have told them where to STICK IT. It IS the Federal Government's fault that this has gone on unabated and it should be THEIR responsibility to DEAL WITH IT.