Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EP, TX: Anchor Baby Born in Hosp W/O Medical Supervision

Please note how carefully they attempt at not disclosing the legal status of the mother - The mother who lives in Juarez.

Baby born as mom, sister await help at hospital
    By Louie Gilot / El Paso Times
    Article Launched: 01/16/2008 12:00:00 AM MST

When Janeth Moreno went to the hospital for the birth of her niece, she didn't know she'd end up delivering the baby herself.

The unusual incident occurred Tuesday morning in a delivery room at Del Sol Medical Center, where Moreno's sister, Erica Moreno-Muñoz, 24, had been in labor since the night before. The mother-to-be felt the baby was finally coming.

A nurse checked Erica Moreno-Muñoz and said she could see the baby's head, the sisters said. But the nurse said she couldn't do anything on her own and left to find a doctor. The sisters were left on their own for five to 10 minutes.

"I said, 'The baby's coming.' We lifted the blanket and sure enough, she was there," Moreno-Muñoz said.

Moreno said they were both yelling in the intercom for help. "I was in shock. I don't have children, so I didn't know what to do. Do I take the baby out? Do I pull?" said Moreno, 29.

When the nurse returned, the newborn was in Moreno's arms.

Carla Sierra, administrative director of marketing and physician relations at Del Sol, said she couldn't comment on the status of any patient because of federal privacy laws. "But at Del Sol, we focus on delivering the highest quality and safest care possible to all our patients," she said.

Moreno, who lives in Juárez, said that hospital personnel should have been more attentive because there were complications that could have threatened the baby's health.

"You think you're going to the hospital for medical assistance," she said. "If a doctor was not available, I think a nurse should have been there to help us."

Moreno-Muñoz said her daughter is healthy. Her name is Emily, and she weighs 7.25 pounds.

Louie Gilot may be reached at lgilot@elpasotimes.com; 546-6131.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_7980808
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Were they communicating to the medical staff in English or Spanish?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How much does the lawyer think he can get her for the trauma she's been through?

safari said:
    Please note how carefully they attempt at not disclosing the legal status of the mother - The mother who lives in Juarez.
    Safari that is the norm in this town....whenever you hear of a robbery, car crash, anything , they will say the name of the accused but never mention the legality of the person! El Paso is a sanctuary city! Mayor Cook, the city council and local and state politicians are all pro Illegal!

Moreno, who lives in Juárez, said that hospital personnel should have been more attentive because there were complications that could have threatened the baby's health

Another IA looking for a big fat payday via lawsuit. They seem to be crawling out of the woodwork lately, especially here in AZ.

I guess they figure if they're leaving, they won't be leaving empty handed no matter who they have to destroy in the process.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

blkkat99

Safari that is the norm in this town....whenever you hear of a robbery, car crash, anything , they will say the name of the accused but never mention the legality of the person! El Paso is a sanctuary city! Mayor Cook, the city council and local and state politicians are all pro Illegal!

HOW well I know. I love the climate, etc. there but didn't like the discrimination so when I came back from doing my missionary work in Mexico - I went back to be near my family as my mom had passed and some family issues had been resolved to some degree.

Doing the missionary work was one of the most valuable experiences in understanding immigrations, etc. than I could have ever received from a college class!

Mexico, however, needs to learn to take care of it's own!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

I expect that all the communication quoted was actually in Spanish and not English. I wonder if she just walked over the bridge with her crossing card and went straight to the hospital?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I flew into El Paso two weeks ago. I was absolutely shocked to hear nothing but spanish being spoken in that airport. I did not hear one word of English from the time I got off the plane until I walked out of that terminal and onto the street.

Moreno, who lives in Juárez, said that hospital personnel should have been more attentive because there were complications that could have threatened the baby's health.

"You think you're going to the hospital for medical assistance," she said. "If a doctor was not available, I think a nurse should have been there to help us."
    Maybe the doctor and nurse were busy helping LEGAL American citizens in TRUE emergencies. Perhaps your little agenda to drop your anchor on U.S. soil wasn't a priority to them.

And by the way....will you be paying for your medical services by cash, check or credit card?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I'm been seeing this kind of stuff t for the longest time, see this is how they do it, the women come from mexico and get pregnant right away (so they can collect welefare.) if they haven't came already pregnant they have no insurance of course and can't be seen for prenatal care of course they know that, when they go into labor straight to the ermergency room where they already know that they cannot be denied services if you go thru emergency room. they know the system already they've mastered it.