Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gaz
    dang..I think they pulled the link http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11 ... 131845.txt

I can't get it to come up either. Probably too many people commenting on it.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11 ... ogcomments

182 comment(s)

Most Popular

ESCONDIDO: Protest held against driver's license checkpoints (3272)

It works now. Good to see all those comments on this. ALL are in support of Escondido PD.

These people are protesting a non issue. the Law applies to everyone! Why do Latinos have to complain!! They complain about everything, why don't they start complaining about their home country and leave us alone!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

It is GOOD that they complain and protest. I am looking forward to the next Mexican flag waving protest within the USA. It angers the taxpaying americans and it will only hasten illegal alien mass deportation.

I see that someone has commented in the North County times comments section with my first post here including my handle. while it is a made up handle and my own words I stand by my post, good on you. I just added another of different wording.

Why does it always seem as if those activists from the "latino community" are always upset when cities finally decide to enforce the law. I mean, I do not see the Italian community, German community, the Chinese community, the Korean community, or whatever "community" you care to insert, carrying on with protests and what not to stop the law from being enforced!

What's going on! Does the "latino community" have something worry about that other communities do not?
    No, they have big money and lawyers teaching them what to say and do.
    They are here complaining about America and never about their lovely Mexico.
    Notice all the ones complaining are from Mexico and not the other countries.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

MVet
    [-] wrote on Nov 19, 2008 5:42 PM:
    There was a serious drunk driving crash in Escondido two weeks ago where two people were killed.

When may we have the circumstance reagrding this tragedy. How will people learn by tragedies such as this one if the story is not told. Inocent people are being killed in this city and that is reason enough to have these check points.

I got my information from the CHP.

ESCONDIDO: Woman killed in head-on identified
    By North County Times | Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:10 AM PST

ESCONDIDO --- A woman killed in a head-on crash Tuesday on North Center City Parkway has been identified as Kathleen Joy Powell, a 59-year old Valley Center resident, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday.

Powell was driving alone in a minivan near Deer Springs Road Tuesday evening when she was struck head on by a sport utility vehicle, according to the medical examiner's office. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The male driver and sole occupant of the SUV was flown to a hospital in critical condition, authorities said.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11 ... 590cdd.txt

11 comment(s)[-]Go to Top

Tragic News
    [-] wrote on Nov 5, 2008 5:12 PM:
    This is tragic news. My condolences to the family and friends of this lady. So sorry to hear this news.

May you be cradled in the arms of support as you struggle with this tragic news.

Lisa
    [-] wrote on Nov 5, 2008 8:34 PM:
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My mother worked with Kathleen, They were very close. My family is just devastated by your/our loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. God Bless
    Lisa

Blakes
    [-] wrote on Nov 6, 2008 11:02 AM:
    Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Kathleen. We are so sorry for your loss. My husband and I were witness to this accident shortly after it happened. We called 911 and stayed until medics arrived. Your family has been, and will continue to be, in our prayers. Lord bless you.

Barbara
    [-] wrote on Nov 6, 2008 11:15 AM:
    To the Blakes, our sincerest gratitude for going above and beyond your resposibilities in witnessing this terrible accident. The woman in the mini-van was my sister who is going to be greatly missed not only by her two sisters, mother & father; but most especially by her only daughter & son-in-law and their four children with whom she lived. My sister's four precious grandchildren have never known a time when Grandma was not right there with them.

Michelle
    [-] wrote on Nov 6, 2008 5:56 PM:
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words. While I don't know how I will manage without my Mom or how my kids will continue on without having their Grandma with them for everything, I know she was loved by many and it is a comfort.

To the Blakes. Thank you so much for staying with my Mom after the accident. It has been one of my worst thoughts to imagine her there on the road, cold and alone, scared and dying.

To everyone who gives me a little of their time and reads this, please, please, don't drink and drive. One man's "party" turned in to the end of my Mom's life and the end of our family's with her.

Carol
    [-] wrote on Nov 7, 2008 8:02 AM:
    Thank you Blakes, for your kind assistance to my sister in her hour of most need. I am Kathy's sister and I will miss her more than I can say.

Donna
    [-] wrote on Nov 7, 2008 8:11 AM:
    To Kathy's family, Kathy was my best friend at work. We had lunch together everyday. We shared many things during our time together. I feel like I know all of you, including your dogs.. I am still very much in shock as are many of her co-workers. Kathy was a delight to be around, and she will be missed terribly. To me she was like a sister...and I will miss her like one...God bless you all..

Lina
    [-] wrote on Nov 7, 2008 9:12 AM:
    To Kathy's family, we miss Kathy so much here at work. We feel her spirit is still around us. She was a wonderful person and I believe she is in a peaceful place now. God bless your family.

Maggie
    [-] wrote on Nov 7, 2008 4:51 PM:
    To Kathy's family - we miss her so much here at work. This is so devastating and such a tragedy. Our hearts go out to you as I know how close she was to you all. Her grandkids were the true joy of her life. Our team went to lunch yesterday at Kathy's favorite spot where we took some comfort in sharing stories and rememberences of her. We will truly miss her. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

Michelle
    [-] wrote on Nov 8, 2008 8:10 AM:
    I have placed an Obit for my Mom, not sure when it will appear. Please post some comments when it does so I will have some additional memories.

Georgiana
    [-] wrote on Nov 10, 2008 12:35 PM:
    To Kathy's family and friends, I worked with Kathy and will miss her smiling face and talking to her about her Beautiful grand children and family. She is missed everyday but I know she is watching over you. I pray for Strength and that the awesome memories you must have of your Mother, Sister and Grandma help you through this very difficult time.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11 ... 590cdd.txt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast