Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ex-border agent beaten in prison, family says

Ex-border agent beaten in prison, family says (5:31 p.m.)
    By Louie Gilot / El Paso Times
    Article Launched: 02/05/2007 05:20:17 PM MST

Family members of Ignacio Ramos, the former El Paso Border Patrol agent imprisoned for shooting a drug smuggler in the buttocks and not reporting it, said Ramos was beat up by other inmates Saturday.
    Ramos, who is locked up in a federal prison in Yazoo City, Miss., was then put in solitary, his father-in-law Joe Loya reported today. Loya said the other inmates recognized Ramos from a segment about the case on the television show America's Most Wanted.

Bureau of Prison officials could not be reached for comment this evening.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/breakingnews/ci_5162707
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

This is unbelieveable, I am so angry I don't know what to say to my congressmen, I think I am going to need anger mangement help finally, How could they let this happen? I am so sick of our government not listening to us!!!Well I am going to go e-mail everyone I can think of and tomorrow I will start calling. We need to Impeach Bush!!!! I don't known how he can live with himself, I sure as hell can't stand the traitor!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54110

Border Patrol agent
    beaten up in prison
    Ramos' family confirms: 'They kicked me
    in the head, they kicked me all over the body'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 5, 2007
    10:27 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Imprisoned Border Patrol agent Ignacio "Nacho" Ramos was severely beaten in prison, Ramos' father-in-law Joe Loya confirmed to WND.

In a phone call from prison, Ramos told his wife earlier today that he was assaulted in prison on Saturday night by a group of five Spanish inmates who Ramos took to be illegal immigrants. While beating Ramos, the assailants allegedly threatened him in Spanish, taunting him with, "**** la migra," insulting him – "migra" roughly translating as "immigration," slang for Border Patrol agent.

The assault occurred at Yazoo City Federal Correctional Complex, a medium facility federal prison in southern Mississippi, where Ramos had been moved about 10 days ago.

Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean began prison sentences last month, of 11 and 12 years respectively, for their actions in the shooting and wounding of a Mexican drug smuggler who was granted full immunity to testify against them. The case has caused national outrage, and dozens of congressmen are publicly insisting President Bush grant an immediate pardon of the two law enforcement officers.

Ramos's family feels that the decision to place him in a medium security prison violates a promise from federal authorities Ramos would be kept in isolation at a minimal security prison.

At Yazoo, Ramos was housed with the general prison population. A medium security prison such as Yazoo would be expected to house illegal immigrants, including those incarcerated on drug offenses.

The prison attack came immediately after the airing Saturday night of a segment on Ramos and Compean by the "America's Most Wanted" television show.

Patti Compean, wife of imprisoned agent Jose Compean, told WND her husband was in a different prison, still in solitary confinement.

Today is Ramos' birthday. According to Loya, Ramos's three sons, aged 7, 9 and 13, woke up crying, not wanting to go to school. The children wanted to buy a cake and wait for their father to call so they could sing "Happy Birthday" to him on the phone and blow out the candles.

Early this morning, Loya began working with the office of U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R.-Calif., to see if the warden would give Ramos special permission to call home on his birthday, after his children got home from school.

Monica Ramos received the phone call from her husband in the afternoon, at 2:00 p.m. Mountain time in El Paso, while she was at work. She wondered why he was calling so early, not in the evening when the children would be home from school, Loya told WND.

"They are letting me call right now," Ramos explained, according to his father-in-law. "I've been in isolation for two days now, ever since the attack, and they told me that I had to call right now. I got beat up real bad on Saturday night and I'm in real bad shape. They kicked me in the head, they kicked me all over the body. I'm all bruised and very sore."

During the phone call, Ramos told his wife he hadn't received any medical care in the 48 hours since the attack, Loya said.

Ramos told his wife he was able to identify only one of the five assailants: "They all cursed me in Spanish," he said, according to Loya. "As they were beating me up and kicking me, they kept calling me 'migra,' 'migra.' I'm pretty sure they were all illegal immigrants."

Ramos told his wife that he was badly bruised and bleeding from the ears. He said that immediately after the attack, he was placed back into solitary confinement, where he has been for the last two days.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for connecting threads WM, noticed you've been doing that.
    We have a connection from that thread under General Discussions over to this one too.
    There will probably be numerous posts about this incident in the days ahead. Big news usually gets post after post until you can't connect them anymore.
    Thanks again for the help!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CONNECT them all you want.
    how about a sticky for it. that way its everywhere and wont
    be posted over and over. just the updates will be posted.

210-384-7400

CALL SUTTONS OFFICE and tell him that Ramos blood is all over his hands because of what happened to Ramos over the weekend. ive called twice and left very obscene tirades