Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ex-Obama DHS Head Admits Biden's Illegal Alien Crisis Is 'Nationwide,' but He's Dead

Ex-Obama DHS Head Admits Biden's Illegal Alien Crisis Is 'Nationwide,' but He's Dead Wrong on 'Solutions'

By Mike Miller | 5:30 PM on February 29, 2024

AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

Former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson, who served in the Obama administration, admitted Thursday the border crisis has resulted in a “hemispheric shift” in “multiple places,” as cities across America grapple with Joe Biden's intentionally caused illegal alien invasion.

That's the good news. The bad news?

Johnson sat for an interview with "Fox & Friends" on Thursday morning, and when he shared his thoughts on how to fix the intentional crisis, he was as dead wrong as could be. Here's how he
    began:

It’s a crisis on the southern border in Texas, in Arizona, and it’s a crisis here in midtown Manhattan, just a few blocks away. You can see migrants by the Roosevelt Hotel, [and] on the subways at Times Square.

This is extended nationwide.

Now, the issue is, what do we do about it? Do we continue to play politics and scream about this issue or do we fix the problem? There are solutions to this problem, but given our politics, they become politically unobtainable solutions.

Ah, yes. Politics.

We'll get there in a minute, but what Mr. Johnson didn't mean was that the politics are being played by his party on the illegal alien issue on a scale we've never before seen.

Johnson put Biden's crisis into perspective.

We had 250,000 apprehensions in one month [in] my second year in office, we had 315,000 apprehensions in all of the year 2015. Just for some perspective here. I understand the numbers have dropped a bit of late, but longer-term big picture, this is a hemispheric shift northward. It’s a crisis on multiple levels in multiple places.

Correct. But here's where he ran the train off the tracks:

We have a solution at hand… Let’s embrace it. Let’s vote on it. Let’s get it done. I guarantee that if that legislation became law, the numbers would drop because we’ve addressed the problem, and because people in Central and South America are seeing that we are addressing the problem.

"I like that bill," Johnson added. "That is the strongest bipartisan pro-border security bill we've seen in a generation. It would be a tragedy if it slipped through our hands."

With no undue respect, Mr. Johnson was flat-out wrong — as in, complete-crock-of-crap wrong.

Let's revisit the now-dead, so-called "bipartisan" border bill that Mr. Johnson likes, so much.

As we
    reported on February 4, the Senate finally released the draft of the bill. House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA) summed up many congressional Republicans' thoughts about the bill this way:

Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House.

Here’s what the people pushing this “deal” aren’t telling you: It accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day and gives automatic work permits to asylum recipients—a magnet for more illegal immigration.

DOA. Stick a fork in it. And that's exactly what happened.

Steve Scalise
    @SteveScalise
    ·
    Follow

Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House.

Here’s what the people pushing this “deal” aren’t telling you: It accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day and gives automatic work permits to asylum recipients—a magnet for more illegal immigration.

8:43 PM · Feb 4, 2024

Moreover, the proposed legislation was far more an amnesty bill than a plan to stop the continuing illegal alien invasion of America.

So, given that Democrats look at each illegal alien as a potential Democrat vote, of course, Jeh Johnson loved it. I would have been shocked if he said anything but.

The Bottom Line

Remember, folks, everything — and I mean everything — that the Democrat Party supports or opposes can be connected to the ballot box with no more than three dots.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/202...ix-it-n2170774

Last edited by Scott-in-FL; 02-29-2024 at 09:54 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)