Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
Quote:
"Henderson said while leaving court she was "stunned." Her lawyer hasn't returned a telephone call by The Associated Press seeking comment.

Henderson faces up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine. She'll be sentenced in June."

While what this woman did was wrong, I don't blame her for being "stunned" by the severity of the punishment she may face - I certainly was. No high level corporate executives who knowingly employed illegal alien workers, or illegal alien workers themselves, have to my knowledge ever served any significant jail time - usually the illegal aliens themselves are simply either released back into the community after a few days or deported, formerly often to quickly return and go back to work at the same place! The senior Mr. Tyson of Tyson Foods was convicted of employing illegal aliens and sentenced to one year in prison, but he was pardoned by fellow Arkansan, Pres. Bill Clinton. And while Linda Sanchez was denied a Cabinet Seat for employing an illegal alien housekeeper, as did this woman, to my knowledge she certainly didn't have to pay any fines, let alone go to jail.
I'm stunned too! Stunned they actually got it right this time! But rest assured some judicial activist will step in and screw this one up pronto...

Nothing will change in this country unless those who are exploting our immigration and labor laws are held accountable, which means being charged with a felony and jail time.