Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Expect big changes come January

12/2/2007 1:23:00 PM
    Expect big changes come January

Rich Thurlow
    News Editor

The politicking and lawyering regarding Arizona's employer sanctions law appears to be peaking as the state awaits the federal court ruling on whether or not the statute is legal.

The law, signed by Gov. Janet Napolitano at the end of the latest session of the Legislature, punishes businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Repeated violations could result in the business losing its license to operate.

There have already been reports of illegals losing their jobs even though the law doesn't take effect until Jan. 1. Companies are starting to take a look at some of the workers on the books, suddenly curious about the 000-00-0000 Social Security numbers and the fact that 20 or so employees have it.

Then there is the Associated Press story from Nov. 21 regarding Napolitano's thoughts that the law would only apply to illegals hired on Jan. 1 and later. Does anyone who followed the stories about the law as it was being pushed through the Legislature recall anything at all about that? Was it the Legislature's intent to create an amnesty for illegals, to in fact encourage them to get to Arizona ASAP and on the payroll before Jan. 1?

More than a few people were surprised when Napolitano actually signed the bill into law. In fact, she had no choice since Democrat talking points regarding illegals had always included punishing businesses that hired them.

It would be far-fetched, though, to think we might read about radio spots on Mexico stations that feature our governor saying something like this:

"Hola. This is Janet Napolitano, and I'm here to tell you about employment opportunities in Arizona. We have a bustling economy and a long list of jobs that Americans won't do in the construction, manufacturing, food processing and warehouse industries. You can have one of those jobs, but you must act fast because a new law goes into effect on Jan. 1 that will keep you from being hired. I'm looking forward to being your governor and to someday have you be a part of another growing part of Arizona - the Democratic Party."

That won't happen.

But what is happening, at least unofficially, is that some Arizona school districts are looking at their enrollment figures and trying to guess how many students won't be in class after the Christmas holidays.

That mass exodus back to Mexico - or to other states that are still turning a blind eye to the issue of illegal immigration - won't happen if a coalition that includes the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Immigration Law Center and others prevail in federal court. The ruling is expected sometime this month, and no one should be surprised if the court again turns its back on the will of the people.

The ACLU and others contend the database of authorized workers is flawed and that citizens will lose jobs.

"The United States is supposed to be a country where there is equal opportunity, but this new law says that for jobs in Arizona, Latinos, regardless of their actual citizenship status, need not apply," Kristina Campbell, staff attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, said in a news release.

Some might think she's overstating things, particularly if you've moved to Arizona in the past few years and tried to get a driver's license. If you've managed to do that, I think there's a good chance you can prove your citizenship to a potential employer. And some might think Campbell's argument sounds a lot like the hand wringing that goes on when some people discuss how just plain wrong it is to require folks to have proper identification when they show up to vote.

Right now the eyes of Arizona are focused on the federal courts. If the law is upheld, expect changes - big changes - in the state.

www.kingmandailyminer.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is it true this does not cover employees working as contract labor?

Does anyone know?

If that is the case, there is a huge loophole and maybe some of the talk we have been getting is just hype.

If it doesn't cover contract labor, what do you want to bet by January 1st, everyone's employees will be contract labor?

They could have lost their jobs as regular employees and gotten hired on as contract labor - although I doubt there are many that are regular employees.

I have a feeling this governor thought there was either a big loophole or she would never have signed it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In My Days ....

In My Days... we would have tarred and feathered the scoundrals amongst, or had them swing from gallows above. And when we were Invaded in my days, well, you know we won !

To think... that our own countrymen and Representatives in OUR GOVERNMENT, have reverted to such measures as STEALING, LYING and such CORRUPT activities as they have, has arisen My Revolutionary Patriotic Spirit, and caused me to 'turn dirt!'

The only Amnesty I would recommend, is you have 25 days left to leave our country, not theirs, or face the wrath of the American People. To you, your huddled masses, your tired, your poor, and those who try and come here legally, We extend our hand of welcome and hospitality !

But to you... whose only intent is to undermine and destroy Ms. Liberty and her ways, Beware, the hand that has fed you, clothed you, and nursed you to good health, is now about to bite back !

Let it hereby be known, you have pulled down her dress and taken advantage of her for the last time. You have mocked her, dis-honored her, dis-graced her beyond belief. But when you spit in her face, that's where you now will deal w/me !

Fore I Love my life, my Rights and Liberties, and to the death, will I stand to defend her and them.

Look forth on the far Horizon my friends, and see the 'Light of the Lantern' and hold it close and dear in your hearts !

On March 23, 1775 I said, "I have but one Lamp by which my feet are guided, and that lamp is of experience. I know of no way of judging the future, but with the past."

And my friend Thomas said, "It is error alone which needs the support of the government. Truth, can stand by itself."

STAND UP ! STAND TALL ! STAND FIRM ! STAND FREE !

To A Better Day America !

Your Loyal Son & Servant ~

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !

"The United States is supposed to be a country where there is equal opportunity, but this new law says that for jobs in Arizona, Latinos, regardless of their actual citizenship status, need not apply,"
    Nothing in this legislation specifically targets latinos. Just more BS from ANOTHER COMMUNIST LEFTIST UNION.

I hope they waste their money fighting this. How can they claim this law isn't constitutional? The law against hiring illegal aliens has been on the federal books for many years now!
    Stupid ACLU.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

....suddenly curious about the 000-00-0000 Social Security numbers and the fact that 20 or so employees have it....
    LOL. SUDDENLY WHEN THEY KNOW IT WILL COST THEM MONEY INSTEAD OF SAVING THEM MONEY....NOW THEY ARE "CURIOUS".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Greetings my dear Patrick Henry! Let these illegals know they are about as welcome in Arizona, your great state of Virginia, or elsewhere as lobsterbacks were on the Boston Common.

Yes he said it !

Yes my friends, he said it !

None other than Prince Shrub himself did say our Constitution was a worthless piece of paper, AND... that this country would be better off being a dictatorship, and he our dictator ! 17 times !

I guess only the few are Informed of the truth and facts, but I think the word is getting out. That is what provoked me to 'turn the dirt' on Red Hill now, and enthralled my Spirit into this writer.

(MOD EDIT)

And on June 4th, 1788, while presenting my speech "We the People? or We the States?" the last thing I said was "You must, therefore, forgive the solicitation of one unworthy member to know what danger could have arisen under the present Confederation, and WHAT are the causes of this proposal to change our government."

And in 1765 when I brought forth my Resolutions for the "Principles of Freedom," Well... here I go boring you modern Americans of Liberty w/stories and memories of another day, when WE THE PEOPLE did...

To A Better Day America ~

Your Loyal Son & Servant !

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !