Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

I posted this before, but it goes to the expensive lettuce "bull" that we hear about every now and then.

Many of the illegals are working in agriculture, producing crops that have been in chronic surplus for decades. These surplus crops are costing the American taxpayers billions of dollars in government storage costs and in the inflated prices created by deliberately keeping much of this agricultural output off the market.

Do we "need" illegal workers to produce bigger surpluses?

In California, surplus crops grown and harvested by illegal immigrants are often also subsidized by federal water projects which charge the farmers in dry California valleys far less than the cost to the government of providing that water — and a fraction of what people in Los Angeles or San Francisco pay for the same amount of water.

Surplus crops grown with water supplied at the taxpayers' expense and raised by illegal workers can be grown elsewhere with water provided free of charge from the clouds and raised by American workers paid American wages.

$20 lettuce, I don’t think so.

Besides, estimates are that 25 to 30 per cent of California’s agricultural workers are illegals. Doesn’t that mean that 70 to 75 per cent are legal residents doing work they supposedly won’t do ?
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Food for thought. Before the invasion we had no problems with e coli. I don't recall anything like that in years and the odd one that came up was not such large scale.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well if the illegals are keeping the price of produce so low. Why did I just pay $4.00 for a half pint of Blueberries?

I thought the same thing today when I was at the grocery store. The price of rspberries is also up there in price. Maybe we should go after the farmers for that. How can the less fortunate legals eat healthy if the nutrious food is so expensive?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My wife paid as high as 1.99 for a head of lettuce this summer, i told her she would be sleeping on the couch if she paid that much again! Really scared her I did.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Well if the illegals are keeping the price of produce so low. Why did I just pay $4.00 for a half pint of Blueberries?
    Yes, all this illegal alien labor is what's keeping prices down. NOT

An economist from Florida said earlier if growers there used legal workers, the price of tomatoes would go up less than 5 cents per pound.

Who's ending up with all the money?

We all know the greedy farmers are making that extra money. Something should be done about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12