Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer
    Some Americans dont want to be educated. I know plenty who dropped out of H.S. or stopped after high school, not because they couldnt afford it, but because they didn't feel like going further. I also know permanent residents and naturalized citizens who prefer construction to college.
    What is wrong with getting a construction job? In my opinion the area I live in now pretty much has too many college graduates. I'm a High School graduate and retired from the military. The majority of the work I have done since I got out of the military has been at the supervisor level and I have had people with Associates degrees, Bachelors degrees and even two people working on their Phds working for me. In the majority of the cases they could not find work in their fields of study.

Whether a kid wants to pour concrete, flip burgers, join the military or go to college is entirely up to that individual. For our discussion here though, that kid should not be displaced by an illegal alien.

Like PinestrawGuys said. There are too many college slots and entry level job slots that are being taken up by illegal aliens.

"In a way Mario has been saying what I have wanted to say for a long time," Mancía said. "That we (Central Americans) have a voice."
    Sure, they can have a voice...in THIER OWN COUNTRY...NOT while illegaly here.

Some Americans dont want to be educated. I know plenty who dropped out of H.S. or stopped after high school, not because they couldnt afford it, but because they didn't feel like going further. I also know permanent residents and naturalized citizens who prefer construction to college.
    Maybe it's because they see a different side of things, like the fact that wages are depressed because of the outsourcing, illegal immigrant's taking jobs that USED to belong to U.S. citizens and LEGAL residents. As far as construction goes, thats rubbish. The only reason for not going to college is CASH and the student loans that take forever to pay off at the current level of pay for a college grad. By the way, where do you suppose that guy got the cash for tuition??? Maybe a student loan? or perhaps he works at a construction job during the day? Face it, hispanics hire other hispanics thats the way it works for them, I'v said that many times. More on that in another post I'm planning.
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12