Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

'Fast and Furious' Guns Found at Ariz. Crime Scene

Authorities Confirm Gun Found in Arizona Is Third at U.S. Crime Scene Tied to ATF's 'Fast and Furious'
    Published September 08, 2011
    | FoxNews.com

PHOENIX – Authorities confirm a weapon from the failed ATF program 'Operation Fast and Furious' was found at a violent crime scene in Maricopa, Ariz. in 2010. This is the latest in a series of cases where Fast and Furious guns have been linked to violent crimes across the U.S. and Mexico.

The two guns found at the scene were an AK-47 and a Beretta pistol, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety. The AK-47 is linked to Fast and Furious, according to ATF. The weapons were found inside a stolen truck in March 2010 after the driver slammed into two DPS vehicles while trying to evade members of the Arizona Vehicle Theft Task Force, ABC 15 reports.

The driver, Angel Hernandez Diaz, was reportedly arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including flight from a pursuing law enforcement vehicle, aggravated assault on an officer with a dangerous instrument or deadly weapon, theft of means of transportation and misconduct involving a weapon, according to court documents.

Fast and Furious was an operation launched in late 2009 by the Phoenix office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to follow gun purchasers in hopes that suspects would lead investigators to the heads of Mexican cartels. But hundreds of high-powered rifles and other guns ended up in Mexico, and many now accuse the ATF and the Justice Department of letting the guns "walk" even after safety concerns were raised.

Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich said last week that three weapons linked to Operation Fast and Furious had been used in violent crimes in the U.S.

Weapons linked to the program were used in a December attack along the Southwest border that killed U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Months later, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif, launched his committee's investigation, as the Justice Department's inspector general also opened an inquiry, at Attorney General Eric Holder's direction.

On Wednesday, Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out. Holder also suggested politics could be a driving force behind Republican lawmakers' forceful inquiries into the matter.

Recently, the man who headed ATF in the midst of it, Ken Melson, was reassigned, and U.S. attorney Dennis Burke, who oversaw the prosecution of cases coming out of the operation, abruptly resigned.

At least three men have been charged in connection with the murder of agent Terry, though only one is in U.S. custody. The Justice Department recently informed lawmakers that cases coming out of Operation Fast and Furious will now be led by prosecutors from outside Arizona.
    Fox News' Mike Levine contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09 ... z1XQf6myIW

Can you imagine

Can you imagine if the weapon/weapons used at the I-Hop mass slaying (National Guardsmen) were from "Fast and Furious"?

Wasn't it also an AK-47?

Any chance this is the case and that it is being covered up?

Banned

Re: Can you imagine

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9
    Can you imagine if the weapon/weapons used at the I-Hop mass slaying (National Guardsmen) were from "Fast and Furious"?

Wasn't it also an AK-47?

I have been thinking the exact same thing since the massacre at the IHOP happened. It was a AK-47 he used and I think they will try to cover A LOT up.

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod

Wasn't it also an AK-47?

I have been thinking the exact same thing since the massacre at the IHOP happened. It was a AK-47 he used and I think they will try to cover A LOT up.

There seems to be a huge media blackout regarding the I-Hop massacre now too. I have only seen a handful of blurbs with almost NO information given at all...
    The perpetrator was an Aztlan Radical, the weapons perhaps Fast n Furious ones given to them by Obama....They have a TIGER BY THE TAIL here and he is fired up mad

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod

Wasn't it also an AK-47?

I have felt the same way! They have stressed since the moment the news came out that this guy has a US passport... so what? Do they really think we believe the government is infallible when it comes to issuing passports??? PLEASE! This (NV) whole case reeks.

As for this case in AZ, since it happened in Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction I pray he has his teeth sunk into it. We KNOW he won't let it go and he won't back down.

working4change

Related:

Third Gun Linked to 'Fast and Furious' Identified at Border Agent's Murder Scene
    foxnews.com
    By William Lajeunesse
    Published September 09, 2011

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-edit-1264861.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how the Obama Administration is evaluating their chances of dis-mantling the 2nd Amendment.

Second violent crime linked to ATF gunwalking

Second violent crime linked to ATF gunwalking
    cbsnews.com
    By Sharyl Attkisson
    September 9, 2011 12:52 PM

A second violent crime in Arizona has been linked to weapons from ATF's "gunwalking" operation: Fast and Furious. The first known crime was the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Arizona state police revealed yesterday that two guns from Fast and Furious were found in an arrest involving two Mexican men who assaulted detectives outside Phoenix in 2010. Nobody was seriously hurt.

Fast and furious is the operation in which ATF allowed thousands of weapons to "walk" into the hands of suspected traffickers for Mexican drug cartels.

It's unclear why the year-old case and its link to Fast and Furious were revealed now, with the apparent blessing of ATF headquarters.

News of this case set off a wave of confusion among Congressional investigators who have tried unsuccessfully to identify additional violent crimes in the U.S. linked to which Fast and Furious. They say the Justice Department still hasn't told them about the 2010 Phoenix case, despite their ongoing written requests for such information.

In July, the Justice Department acknowledged Terry's death wasn't the only U.S. violent crime involving Fast and Furious weapons - it originally said there were 11 more -- but refused to provide Congress any details. Then, more than a month later on September 1, the Justice Department revised the number of cases downward from 11 to just two. Congressional investigators have doggedly pursued the Justice Department for information on the second mysterious case, but never received the information. Today, it's still unknown whether the new case is indeed the second case the Justice Department had referred to.

One Congressional investigator told CBS News: "We're no closer to finding out what the Justice Department knows about all the crimes committed" with Fast and Furious guns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-2 ... 91695.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)