Thread: Fear schmear

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fear schmear

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... ryid=51304
    Fear schmear

Publish Date: 08/10/06

By

Candidates for various local offices are falling all over themselves to lead the big crack-down on illegal immigration in Frederick. According to a recent letter to the editor, sheriff candidate Detective Chuck Jenkins is super-tough on illegal immigration, and always has been. Another would-be sheriff, Harold Domer, does his own letter writing. He has eloquently clarified the role of the Frederick sheriff's department in enforcing immigration laws (which is to say, none at all), but wants to assure voters that he will do everything in his power to deport illegal aliens.

At a recent political event I overheard Charles Jenkins (the other one, who's running for county commissioner) chatting up a local resident about his experience "knocking on doors" in Frederick. Seemingly unbidden (and unrelated to the topic at hand), Mr. Jenkins started stumping on the need for a local occupancy ordinance to restrict the number of people who can reside in a private home.

OK, hold it right there. This is just nuts. There is no immigration crisis, people.

I called to Mr. Jenkins' attention the fundamental foolishness and discriminatory nature of such ordinances, as well as their past lack of success. They don't actually address the illegal part of the immigration issue, but function solely to hassle people who are different from ourselves. Surely this is not our goal. Besides, it's just wrong-headed to dictate other people's habitation habits or definition of "family."

Let's face facts -- what we're really talking about here is a sudden, irrational fear of Spanish-speaking people. What's up with that, for crying out loud? Here is a group of people who share virtually all of our values and beliefs, and actually like America and American people. Where is the "fear factor" in the influx of hardworking, church-going, family-focused, immigrant workers from Mexico and Central America, here to do honest jobs for honest wages, pay taxes ... and maybe buy a home someday and get their kids an education?

Ooh, scary. Better close the border! But wait! Didn't we used to call this ... the American Dream?! Aren't people fighting and dying overseas to preserve this concept of liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Recently I read that an immigration policy is this year's Protection of Marriage Act. It's the new hot topic, the crisis du jour, threatening to "rip apart the fabric of American life." But I don't buy it. I think it's a diversionary tactic, deliberately planted in the media and in our war-weary minds to distract us from real threats and problems, in an election year ... Like paying $3.30 for a gallon of gas while oil company profits soar. Like the war in Iraq, like widespread corruption in our government, a national deficit that is engulfing our children's future ...

But also, we've seen this phenomenon before-of America's unreasonable xenophobia -- check your history books. Often when we're feeling out of control for economic or other reasons, we tend to take our frustrations out on innocent immigrants.

So now our local candidates are leaping onto the bandwagon, and counting on us to believe in the big Immigration Fear Schmear of 2006. They're assuming this strategy will help get them into office. I say we prove them wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send comments to webmaster or contact us at 301-662-1177.

Copyright 1997-06 Randall Family, LLC. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
    The Frederick News-Post Privacy Policy. Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Here is a group of people who share virtually all of our values and beliefs, and actually like America and American people.
    I beg your pardon, I obviously misunderstood you - did you say they share virtually all of our values and beliefs? I'm sorry, but you have lost touch with reality, either that or your in the pipeline for some of those Mexican drugs that keep pouring into our country.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK, hold it right there. This is just nuts. There is no immigration crisis, people.
    Oh I totally agree with you...indeed there is no immigration crisis.

However, there is one whopping ILLEGAL immigration crisis you might want to bone up on. IDIOT!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

What's up with that, for crying out loud? Here is a group of people who share virtually all of our values and beliefs, and actually like America and American people.
    What a load of B.S. They share virtually all of our values and beliefs, and actually like America and American people?

Does she mean llike:

-Ignoring any laws that don't benefit them, like immigration, tax, employment, housing regulations, animal cruelty and so on?

-Not paying taxes, driving with out DL's, insurance, proper car registration or even SMOG checks?

-Ignoring stop signs, traffic signals and speed limits, because in their own countries, these things are really just suggestions (Has anyone here ever seen the way they drive in Mexico? When the traffic light turns red, at least 15 cars proceed through the red light until they block the entire intersection, so cars with the green light cannot move through, thus when it turns red for them they do the same thing, driving on through the red light, and so on and so on.)

-Driving while 2-3 times over the legal blood alcohol limit as a way to show their machismo?

-Fleeing on foot every time they are involved in DUI and Hit & Run accidents, even if innocent people are severely injured?
    -Practicing gentle hobbies such as bullfighting, cockfighting, dogfighting and the ever popular horse tripping in thier traditional Mexican 'Charro' rodeos?

-Impregnating any girl over 11 years of age and then beating them to a pulp if they dare tell anyone?

-Marching in the streets waving Mexican flags, calling anyone who dissents with their opinions xenophobic, murdering racists? Carrying signs calling for Americans of Eurpoean descent to go back to Europe, chanting in Spanish how we stole "their" continent and how "we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us"?

-Having 10 or more babies, all on Medi-Care or Medi-Caid and especially Medi-Cal, who then can't afford to raise them, so they get welfare, food stamps, WIC/AFDC benefits, housing subsidies, etc.?

-When they go to sporting events like soccer where Americans are competing against Mexico and chanting "Osama! Osama!" and throwing urine and feces bombs on thew players? And not only in places like Mexico, but in cities like Los Angeles.

Are these the kinds of our values and beliefs that they virtually share with us, showing us how much they like America and the Ameriacn people? I'd hate to see how they'd behave if they didn't share so many of our values and beliefs and liked us so much.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

MW,

We should email him the thread info for Thereez. Maybe they both can do bong hits while they dream about globalism.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

..this is America, and we're all entitled to express our opinions...but, I did click on the link to see who the author was...and this lady looks a lowlife pervert...seriously ~

Didn't we used to call this ... the American Dream?! Aren't people fighting and dying overseas to preserve this concept of liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
    Yeah, it's called the American Dream because it's supposed to be about the liberty and pursuit of happiness for Americans, not illegal alien lawbreakers from foreign countries. That's why it's not called the "Illegal Alien" Dream.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

reptile, bro'...look at that expression...it looks like she's smugglin' a gerbil..a' la Richard Gere-style