Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds Arrest 6th Suspect In N.J. Triple Murder Case

Feds Arrest 6th Suspect In N.J. Triple Murder Case
    http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_s ... 43759.html

(CBS) TRENTON, N.J. A sixth suspect in the execution-style slayings of three college students was arrested early Sunday morning, authorities said.

The 18-year-old suspect, Melvin Jovel, was charged Saturday night and apprehended in Elizabeth at about 3 a.m., Charlotte Smith, a spokeswoman for the Essex County Prosecutor's office, said.

About 10 officers from the Newark police department, Essex County Prosecutor's office and Immigration and Customs Enforcement made the arrest.

Jovel was charged with murder stemming from the Aug. 4 shootings of Terrance Aeriel, 18; Dashon Harvey, 20, and Iofemi Hightower, 20. Aeriel's sister, Natasha, was shot in the head but survived and has helped police in the investigation.

Bail was set at $2 million by state Superior Court Judge Michael Ravin. Jovel was expected to be arraigned on Monday, but no time had been set.

Jovel's arrest occurred about 24 hours after federal authorities in the Washington, D.C. area arrested 24-year-old Nicaraguan immigrant Rodolfo "Gomez" Godinez and 16-year-old Alexander Alfaro, his half-brother.

Godinez was arrested in Oxon Hill, Md., and Alfaro was arrested less than an hour later in Woodbridge, Va.

Three other suspects - 28-year-old Jose Carranza, an illegal immigrant from Peru, and two juveniles - were already in custody. All are charged with three counts of murder in addition to other counts.

There was no evidence of a familial connection between Jovel and the other suspects, the Essex County Prosecutor's office said Sunday, and Jovel's immigration status was not immediately known.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There were 6 of these monsters, how many more.

One account I read stated that one of the monsters didn't appear to ever have worked.

How did he make his living?

Why was he allowed out on bail? My only knowledge is watching TV, but if one is out on bail and commits a felony, aren't they then locked up? Do they normally allow one bail to count for two separate crimes? Isn't that what I read?

The bail was $150K - doesn't one have to put up 10%? Where did he get that kind of money? I would like to know who put up that money. I would also like to know what bail bondsman would give bond to an illegal immigrant on a bond of that size? TAlk about 'flight risk'?

Something isn't making sense here.

Did this creature 'belong' to some organization that has been aiding and abetting?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yea...the "organization" he belongs to is called "illegals"

American citizens don't get this wonderful treatment...everyone thinks illegals are to be handled with kid gloves....I am sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone is so damn afraid of "hurting their feelings"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The bail was $150K - doesn't one have to put up 10%? Where did he get that kind of money? I would like to know who put up that money. I would also like to know what bail bondsman would give bond to an illegal immigrant on a bond of that size? TAlk about 'flight risk'?
    ... hopefully, more will come out on this in the press but I read on a blog that the gang (presumably MS-13) makes thousands off of prostitution and drugs. They utilize a portion of their profits as bail for their "soldiers".

Feds Arrest 6th suspect in N.J. Murder of 3 teens

I agree with you grandmasmad. As I have stated before, it is the democratics that are for these illegals. I am now an Independent but, I will vote for Tom or any body but one of them because, along with the current president they are giving the country to Mexico. This dosen't feel like America anymore and its bad that American Citizens feel this way. Obama and Clinton, there is no way I will vote for either one. By the way a lot of people have switched to become an Independent!

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    ... hopefully, more will come out on this in the press but I read on a blog that the gang (presumably MS-13) makes thousands off of prostitution and drugs. They utilize a portion of their profits as bail for their "soldiers".
    That is probably it - that would explain the money.

Also, did he have some other connections that made the judge not put him in the pokey when he committed a second felony? - and allowed him out on that same bond??

Why would a judge grant bail anyway to a violent child rapists - and an illegal alien at that? As I said, talk about a 'flight risk'. Evidently, though, he was not afraid of anything being done to him by the legal system -

Welcome to ALIPAC, LadyStClaire. I encourage everyone to register or change their party affiliation to independent. Lou Dobbs has been saying this for quite some time. Once the Donkeys and Elephants see the huge rise in registered independent voters, they might actually try to work for us, rather then the corporate and banker elite shadow government.

[img]http://media.philly.com/images/300*400/15be35b4-711a-4a60-a77f-d92c76353859.jpg[/img]

In this undated photo provided by the Essex Sheriff Department, Melvin Jovel is shown. Jovel, 18, the sixth and final suspect in the execution-style slayings of three college students in a Newark schoolyard two weeks ago was arrested early Sunday morning, Aug. 19. 2007, authorities said. Jovel was captured without incident at the home of a relative. (AP Photo/Essex Sheriff Department)

The arrest of the man, Melvin Jovel, an immigrant from Honduras who lived in Elizabeth, N.J., ended a manhunt by scores of investigators who were seeking to calm a city rattled by the killings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/nyreg ... f=nyregion

A Peruvian national in the U.S. illegally and who was previously charged with raping a 5-year-old girl pleaded not guilty Friday in the execution-style slayings of three young college students, a day after he surrendered to the Newark mayor.

NEWARK'S MOST WANTED

RODOLFO GODINEZ - WANTED FOR TRIPLE MURDER
    BRUCE ROMAN - WANTED FOR MURDER
    HECTOR ORTIZ - WANTED FOR KIDNAPPING
    EDWIN SIGUENCIA - WANTED FOR MURDER
    MARVIN ARQUETA - WANTED FOR MURDER
    SAM REYES - WANTED FOR SHOOTING
    MARCER MANGUAL - WANTED FOR SHOOTING
    SEYDOU BAGAYKA - WANTED FOR HOME INVASION ROBERY
    UNIDENTIFIED MALE LATINO - killed an 11 year old girl who was crossing the street.
    HASHEIM GIBBS - WANTED FOR SHOOTING

http://www.npdmostwanted.com/Most_Wanted/Home.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast