Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd

With the bribe collecting season in full bloom right now, they're going to be very busy for the rest of the year.

Well, I realize closing debate doesn't mean they have to do anything, but it seems they wouldn't end cloture unless they planned to do something like possibly work this weekend and finish their work for We, The People?????

Yeah I know...I was just feeling "festive"!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Why do you say that?
    Mark my words, this bill will come up for a vote before the Senate closes shop on Saturday. It wouldn't make sense for it not to. Think about it, Sen. Frist wouldn't have brought the bill up for cloture unless he planned to bring it up for a vote. Remember, the Republicans are in control of the Senate, which means Frist can bring the bill to the floor. Why wouldn't he, the bill can only help the Republicans this fall.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep....that appears to be exactly what they're doing. Saw it posted in another thread. They plan to vote on it SATURDAY.

The US Senate is Working this WEEKEND....for We The People?

Amazing...!!

They're nervous as cats on a hot tin roof.

And they should be.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Just heard on CNN that the fence vote is expected to take place in the middle of the night - sometime around 3 am! I guess they don't want citizens watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Just heard on CNN that the fence vote is expected to take place in the middle of the night - sometime around 3 am! I guess they don't want citizens watching.
    You hit the nail on the head!

Boy oh boy,.......just what we need........another "in the dead of night" vote!!! Well, that's the warning for sneaky, very bad legislation. Need to read this one {if it passes} with a fine tooth comb.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be up to watch this!!

Yikes!! I just tuned in and had to watch Durbin question Salazar. If this nation can do no better than these two crumbs, we're in deep, deep trouble. Hopefully, sanity will overwhelm this pandering and appeasment. I'm gonna' tune out now, before I retch.
    '58 Airedale

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I heard the fence bill passed 80 to 19 in the Senate.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I admit that I'm not up to speed on how the Senate does it's business, but aren't they ajourning for the rest of the year after tomorrow?

Since the next time they convene it will be a new Congress, doesn't all this just start all over again?

Most likely I'm missing something here, so please help me out.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    I admit that I'm not up to speed on how the Senate does it's business, but aren't they ajourning for the rest of the year after tomorrow?

Since the next time they convene it will be a new Congress, doesn't all this just start all over again?

Most likely I'm missing something here, so please help me out.
    I believe they've called for a 'lame duck' session in November.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast