Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Finding labor for the fields a trying task

http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace ... abor_x.htm

Finding labor for the fields a trying task
    By John Ritter, USA TODAY
    FOWLER, Calif. â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Los Angeles Times ran an article that was nearly identicle to this a few weeks ago.

The article leads you to believe that farmers rely on illegal border crossers to do the work and fails to mention the H2-A temp worker visa program that they should be using to get their workers.

It's a load of B.S. It's AG Jobs Bill propaganda.

Well, when you are using the same methods the Spanish introduced 230 years ago to grow rasins, while everyone else has modernized, of course you will have labor problems. The wine grape growers in my area (central California coast) don't have this problem, because they pay $12 an hour and treat the workers well. A bottle of wine ends up costing $26, but it is worth it.

Hey guys, if you want cheap labor, go to Brazil, then ship the rasins here to America. I know a wine grape grower who will buy your land. His former vineyard was turned into a housing development.

No ag workers...boo hoo

With a high percentage of illegal aliens in both manufacturing and construction now, they find the atmosphere more welcoming than before in those industries. Barriers have been overcome to employment, and transportation directly to those sites is now a job occupation in itself. So it is little wonder that many illegals would skip past the usual apprenticeship of farm or ranching, and proceed directly to "go".
    the go directly to jail card doesn't even exist in the new monopoly game if you're a rule breaker.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

My family and our business associates are looking at our bringing in some laborers under H-2A ourselves. We have an unusual situation in which most of the buyers of our tree crop are from a foreign country. We can sell more if we hire them it costs us and them less.

My late naturalized grandfather would not tolerate hiring anyone who was not similarly abiding of U.S. immigration law. He taught us well.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for you Richard. What part of the country are you in?

There are so many illegals that most ignore the H2-A program and treat the illegals they hire like stray dogs. It's morally bankrupt and it disgusts me to see people live like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewatchdog/sets/857927/