Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Fired for speaking out against illegals!" VIDEO:

Former Huron Police Chief Talks
    By David Brown
    Published: April 1, 2011, 10:00 PM

HURON, SD - Former Huron police chief Doug Schmitt resigned Thursday after 11 years at the helm. Schmitt had recently been placed on administrative leave for controversial comments regarding an illegal immigration bill.

KELOLAND News talked exclusively with former police chief Schmitt on Friday to get his take on the past month.

It's a community he's embraced his entire life. And now, former Huron police chief Doug Schmitt is without a job after 32 years in law enforcement.

"I'm sorry the turn of events has caused so much confusion in the community and upheaval," Schmitt said. "It certainly wasn't my intention to do any of that."

Schmitt had been on administrative leave since March 7 after he spoke with lawmakers about a bill that would make it a state crime to hire illegal immigrants.

"I went out to Pierre on my own to testify on an issue," Schmitt said. "I was asked to come out by several legislators. I did that, I went back and the Commission was not happy with me."

The Huron City Commission held a special meeting Thursday to discuss Schmitt's future. He originally asked to be put back to work, but was given a different choice.

"I had the opportunity to resign and take retirement or face a disciplinary hearing scheduled for this coming Monday," Schmitt said. "After considering things very carefully, I elected to tender my resignation and retire."

Schmitt says he's received hundreds of calls and letters from friends and supporters. And despite his disappointment, he's committed to the only place he's ever lived.

"Huron's always been my home," Schmitt said. "This community's been extremely good to me throughout my entire life and my law enforcement career here was payback to the community for the great life I've had here."

KELOLAND NEWS tried contacting all five members of the Huron City Commission today. Three of them, including Mayor Dave McGirr, who was out of town in Minneapolis, declined to comment. Two members did not return our calls.

http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDetail ... ?Id=113106
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When our own people are against us for doing or saying the right thing there is a huge problem.

The Huron City Commission held a special meeting Thursday to discuss Schmitt's future. He originally asked to be put back to work, but was given a different choice.
    thinking the commission needs a few phone calls from americans that are mad as hell at their actions

Freedom of Speech.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I wonder how many of these slimy commisioners own businesses that hire illegals. I hope a drunken mexican plows his car into their house. And them robs them. And then punches them in their stupid faces.

That's pretty amazing that a City Commission would be so bold in its alliance with foreign interests and foreign nationals including illegal aliens and those who employ them in violation of US immigration that they would fire a Police Chief, the head law enforcement officer of their city, for testifying in favor of legislation that supports the enforcement of US immigration law.

The citizens and legal residents of Huron need to stand up, speak out and fire their commission. Any political body that fires employees paid to enforce the law for testifying in support of the legislation that would help enforce the laws of our nation is corrupt, bribed, tainted, soiled and beyond redemption.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    That's pretty amazing that a City Commission would be so bold in its alliance with foreign interests and foreign nationals including illegal aliens and those who employ them in violation of US immigration that they would fire a Police Chief, the head law enforcement officer of their city, for testifying in favor of legislation that supports the enforcement of US immigration law.

The citizens and legal residents of Huron need to stand up, speak out and fire their commission. Any political body that fires employees paid to enforce the law for testifying in support of the legislation that would help enforce the laws of our nation is corrupt, bribed, tainted, soiled and beyond redemption.
    Huron Is 80% mexicans (Illegals work on the farms and In the chicken and turkey processing plants) I live about 40 miles away right now TS

The only people in need of termination here are the entire Huron City Commission! We are heading in a disturbing direction in this country when law enforcement officers (or anyone for that matter) can be terminated for speaking out against those who are violating our US sovereignty, as well as a host of other laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm going to call them on Monday and voice my disgust. By law political or religious views aren't to be descriminated against when hiring someone for a job....he needs to get a lawyer.

This Article Needs to be Forwarded to the News So The Huron City Commission Can Be Fully Interviewed - Please forward this article to any all of the following:

We Love to Hear From Our Viewers!

For a network whose slogan is "We Report, You Decide," it would not make any sense if we didn't have an open forum for our fans. So if you want to give Hannity a piece of your mind, or send a note to Bill O'Reilly, find the show you want to e-mail below.

Shows Email
    America Live w/ Megyn Kelly kelly@foxnews.com
    America's Newsroom w/ Bill and Martha americasnewsroom@foxnews.com
    Bulls and Bears bullsandbears@foxnews.com
    Cashin' In cash@foxnews.com
    Cavuto on Business cavuto@foxnews.com
    Forbes on FOX forbes@foxnews.com
    FOX & Friends friends@foxnews.com
    FOX News Specials fncspecials@foxnews.com
    FOX News Sunday fns@foxnews.com
    FOX News Watch newswatch@foxnews.com
    FOX Report w/ Shepard Smith foxreport@foxnews.com