Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

First Baby of 2007?

First Baby of 2007? Toy Chain's Prize Runs Afoul of the Immigration Issue

CORRECTION APPENDED

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - It seemed like a perfect formula for good publicity: A national sweepstakes would award a $25,000 United States savings bond to the first American baby born in 2007, courtesy of the toy chain Toys ''R'' Us and its Babies ''R'' Us division. Instead, after disqualifying a Chinese-American baby girl ...

Correction: January 11, 2007, Thursday An article on Saturday about a controversy over a national sweepstakes awarding a $25,000 savings bond to the first American baby born in 2007 gave an erroneous birth weight in some copies for a Chinese-American girl, born in Manhattan, who was disqualified because her mother was not a legal resident. The girl, Yuki Lin, weighed 6.5 pounds, not 6.5 ounces. (The sponsor of the sweepstakes, Toys ''R'' Us, has since reversed its decision and awarded Yuki and two other babies born shortly after midnight $25,000 each.)

Sad day, they caved to the pressure! Who is paying the medical bills for this child? Will they pay taxes on the winnings?

I think when I have a baby I'll just say "I have no S.S.N and save a few thousand!

Ya gotta log in? Nah
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!