Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fishing leads to 2 arrests

LIBERTY, Ind. -- Going fishing last week might not have been a good decision for two Richmond men who are alleged to be in the United States illegally.

U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents from Chicago are expected to take the men into custody at the Union County Jail today, Matron Lynn Browning said.
    "This is the first time we've ever had immigration come and pick up somebody," Browning said. "We didn't notify them. They found us."
    Crispin Batista Hernandez, 31, 304 1/2 N. Fifth St., and Gregorio Batista Hernandez, 34, 1115 S. G St., were arrested Wednesday in Union County by Indiana Conservation Officer William Browne. The men were each charged in Union County with misdemeanor counts of criminal trespassing and failure to purchase a fishing license.
    After information and fingerprints from the men's arrests were entered into the statewide law enforcement database, ICE notified Union County of its interest in the men, Browning said. A detainer order was sent by ICE authorizing the county to hold the men until ICE agents could take them into custody.
    "U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement placed detainers on these individuals for suspected immigration violations," ICE spokeswoman Gail Montenegro said. "The detainers ensure that they will be turned over to ICE once they are released from local custody."
    The Wayne County Jail faxes paperwork to ICE if an inmate is suspected of being an illegal alien, Sheriff Jeff Cappa said. ICE has removed three or four prisoners alleged to be illegal aliens from the Wayne County Jail since he took office in January, Cappa said.
    "We have a good working relationship with them," Cappa said of ICE. "They are usually here within 24 to 48 hours of when we notify them."

http://www.pal-item.com/article/2011041 ... NTPAGE%7Cs
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Thats good i hunt in union county and all you see up there is hispanics.Here in KY.loserville knows where im talking about,in my county there is a lake called Gueist Creek Lake you can park off the side of us 60 and walk down to lake and fish.I was there last year fishing and was was checked by C.O.thank him for doing his job then was dissapointed after his remarks.He told me he checks hispanics here all the time they have no fishing license so he gives a ticket he said he can make a living on hispanics here.I asked him if he checks to see if their legal citizens or not.He said not my job and it takes up to much time.Being in law enforcement i thought it was his job.

Banned
    Fish and Game should have those illegals measured and weighed to see if they are a state record catch.

U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents from Chicago are expected to take the men into custody at the Union County Jail today, Matron Lynn Browning said.
    "This is the first time we've ever had immigration come and pick up somebody," Browning said. "We didn't notify them. They found us."
    This is where our immigration system is "broken." Every illegal invader taken into custody should be picked up for deportation by ICE. Without exception!

I don't see Obama or any of his minions, scurrying about to fix this!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCunnane
    Fish and Game should have those illegals measured and weighed to see if they are a state record catch.