Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crazybird, you will appreciate this. A friend of mine's high school honors student was only costing her over $1,000 a year for special projects for extra credit. How many parents can afford that and a home computer for their youngster.
    And this really drove me into a rage: In one of her English classes, the new teaching method was the "powergraph" instead of a paragraph. A powergraph had to be 10 sentences or over, no exceptions. She wrote a great powergraph in her paper, hard-hitting and to the point, but only 6 sentences long and got a bad grade. The powergraph was a teaching method to equal the playing field for those students that were "English challenged." But this is Florida.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One year my oldest had "lunch" at 9:30 AM to make sure they could feed all the students. All through grade school they didn't have a desk or a cubby or locker and had to drag everything back and forth to school, everyday. In 3rd grade my daughters back pack weighed 50 lbs. This was when they started the back-packs on wheels. To this day she suffers from back problems.....when I complained......I was told this was an exercise in getting them used to the adult world. She was pushed off a slide and had a broken arm after morning recess and they didn't call me till after noon so they didn't miss out on their government funding.

I swear.....I was at wits end with the public school system......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Crazybird--just one comment: Is this what our taxpayer dollars are going for? And this school voucher program just forces kids into robotic learning to pass the exam. Now the vouchers are in the works to apply to private schools, i.e. if a public school gets a failing grade, the parents can take that voucher and apply it to a private school, all at taxpayers expense. Thank you, Jeb Bush!

Crazybird, you will appreciate this. A friend of mine's high school honors student was only costing her over $1,000 a year for special projects for extra credit. How many parents can afford that and a home computer for their youngster.
    And this really drove me into a rage: In one of her English classes, the new teaching method was the "powergraph" instead of a paragraph. A powergraph had to be 10 sentences or over, no exceptions. She wrote a great powergraph in her paper, hard-hitting and to the point, but only 6 sentences long and got a bad grade. The powergraph was a teaching method to equal the playing field for those students that were "English challenged." But this is Florida.
    That's a new on for me but makes sense in an insane world. LOL. No my kids were the "writing to read" group. Cat spelled cat was wrong.....should be Kat.....

My youngest is an honors student as well.....she's just been informed all the honors programs are gone, in order to serve the ESL students. She was almost there for a scholarship, but they pulled the rug.........now she's back at square one. She's lacking maybe 3 credits to graduate but they have suspended the program. Kills me......coz she's worked so hard............yet the pregnant illegal will get a free ride.

Now the vouchers are in the works to apply to private schools, i.e. if a public school gets a failing grade, the parents can take that voucher and apply it to a private school, all at taxpayers expense. Thank you, Jeb Bush!
    But from what I've seen it's only those with a welfare card who can use it.

An average $7,126 is spent to educate each of Florida's 2.6 million schoolchildren.

8490 X $7,126 = $60,499,740 that Hall County could save.

(mailed to the writer of the article)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Now the vouchers are in the works to apply to private schools, i.e. if a public school gets a failing grade, the parents can take that voucher and apply it to a private school, all at taxpayers expense. Thank you, Jeb Bush!
    But from what I've seen it's only those with a welfare card who can use it.
    Who ARE illegal aliens with anchor babies. NOT FAIR!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

A friend of mine's high school honors student was only costing her over $1,000 a year for special projects for extra credit. How many parents can afford that and a home computer for their youngster.
    I couldn't afford a computer either......but I had a typewriter......I pressed good penmenship but a 3rd grade teacher wanted computer done projects. We went to the library, with half the rest of the population for our 20 min. of computer use.

Calculators for 1st grade students. Sorry.....I used my fingers....and still do. I was a capitol "B" as a parent with this nonsense. My kids read the book before they ever "googled it".

There is one ray of hope. One teacher at a private school teaching eighth grade math declared the class its own business entity. He had the kids set up a society where some kids were bankers, some were lawyers, some were contractors and others were business people, running stores, etc. Handing out some money with his picture on it and the kids had to run their society, contractors by getting bugs off the windowscreens, bankers loaning out money to some kids that did not have enough money to buy the expensive cupcakes the merchants had to offer. And of course, lawyers settling all disputes. The last time I talked to this teacher, he told me a secret: He would walk in one morning and declare he was the dictator, had sold this class to another school and all their money was worthless. Now that is teaching!

An average $7,126 is spent to educate each of Florida's 2.6 million schoolchildren.
    In Chicago it's 10 and they're whining because it's not 17 like the "white" community has.

Seriously......7,000 is outrageous. How about a pencil, and a piece of paper? Kindergardeners don't NEED computers!!!!!! Talk about complicating an easy situation!!!!!!! I love medicine and science.....funny, but when my kids were babies....I didn't do, head and shoulder, knees and toes......I actually taught them the actual name of the bones. Didn't cost me a dime. I was amazed at a black mom who practiced all the names and capitols of our states....did it with a song......forwards and backwards (to boot!) with the toddlers at the park.....didn't cost a dime. In kindergarden my oldest had a mom that taught them the finger thing they do in Japan or China to do math......didn't cost a dime. Just as quick as a calculator and really interesting. MONEY isn't the answer to everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast