Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FLIP-FLOPPER HILL TAKES HEAT FROM 'ALIEN'ATED LEFT

FLIP-FLOPPER HILL TAKES HEAT FROM 'ALIEN'ATED LEFT
    By KENNETH LOVETT in Albany and FRANKIE EDOZIEN in NY

November 16, 2007 -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton came under fire yesterday from immigration supporters for her flip-flop on allowing illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses.
    On Wednesday Clinton stunned advocates by announcing that, as president, she would not support giving licenses to illegals, after indicating recently that she favored the move.

"She's trying not to bring heat onto herself," said a "very disappointed" state Sen. Ruben Diaz (D-Bronx).

City Councilman Kendall Stewart (D-Brooklyn), who chairs the council Immigration Committee, said "I'm not happy with that" when asked about Clinton's latest stance.

"I thought she was happy with the first proposal which Spitzer had - which is a driver's license does not have anything to do with immigration, doesn't have anything to do with terrorists," Stewart said.

After fumbling with the issue during a Democratic presidential debate two weeks ago, Clinton's aides had said she supported giving licenses to illegal immigrants but wouldn't comment on the specifics of Gov. Spitzer's now-withdrawn plan.

She had also said it should be a state-by-state issue.

But hours after Spitzer on Wednesday withdrew his plan, and with a recent Rasmussen Reports poll showing 77 percent of Americans opposed giving illegal immigrants driver's licenses, Clinton issued a definitive statement saying that "as president, I will not support driver's licenses for undocumented people."

"She has to explain why it took two weeks to find an answer to a simple yes-or-no question," said Diaz, who has yet made a presidential endorsement.

"It could influence how a lot of people vote."

Other state and city officials, as well as immigrant groups, also refrained from criticizing Clinton, but some did rip the Democratic Party for "walking away from immigrants."

"Basically, they've thrown the immigrants under the bus," said Assemblyman Adriano Espaillat (D-Manhattan).

"If the Democratic Party had acted like this when we were fighting segregation, we'd still have African-Americans being forced to ride in the back of the bus."

www.nypost.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm so happy!! This could be the start of Hillary's political downfall!! Once again she has shown her flip-flop nature.

She is really a woman: She can't make up her mind! Hahaah. Hey, no offense to my fellow women Alipacers. I'm a woman too and figuring out which shoes to wear can take me 15 minutes!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

How funny. Just a few days ago, hispanic.cc was endorsing Hillary for president, now it's Bill Richardson, who has no chance of winning. I think I just saw he has a 3% approval rating on the democratic side. Looks like the open borders foundation continues to crumble.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

""Basically, they've thrown the immigrants under the bus,"

Darn..........better ON THE BUS.........headed OUT of the U.S.!

Shillary is two-faced, hispandering, and unfit to be president of the local ASPCA.

As long as they're not behind the wheel of the bus.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I don't have a problem with women leaders per say, but the ones that are in leadership positions are burnt out hippy wack-o's from the 60's. They don't have real morals, just delusions of a communist world with everyone equal but them the elite in charge. Burn her at the stake now! Have a nice day

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I knew she'd cave and I bet the rest of them will too. There a lot more of us than there are of them.

With Hillary's support base dropping to only feminists, it looks like the Latinos will vote for Richardson, blacks and Muslims for Obama, lawyers and rich liberals for Edwards, environmentalists and far lefties for Kucinich, that means the remaining Union members will vote for Christopher Dodd and he will get the nomination!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    ""Basically, they've thrown the immigrants under the bus,"

Darn..........better ON THE BUS.........headed OUT of the U.S.!

Shillary is two-faced, hispandering, and unfit to be president of the local ASPCA.
    Make that ILLEGAL immigrants.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

She's not as smart as Bill. He would pander to the illegas until the primaries and then head to the center for the main election.

He would also get away with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast