Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Florida Senate passes immigration-enforcement bill with no d

Florida Senate passes immigration-enforcement bill with no debate

The Florida Independent
    May 4, 2011
    By Travis Pillow

The Florida Senate approved a controversial immigration bill in a 23-16 vote this morning with no debate.

Senate Bill 2040 is now headed to the House. Because it is different from the House’s measure, it will need a two-thirds majority approval to get taken up on the floor. The legislative Hispanic caucus has taken a group position against the bills, which would mean Republicans likely don’t have the votes to send the measure to Gov. Rick Scott.

The Senate’s bill requires the use of E-Verify by workforce boards and for people seeking government benefits. It also allows for the deportation of unauthorized immigrants who commit crimes, and for local authorities to check the immigration status of people who have been arrested and confined in jail.

After the vote, dozens of immigrants and their advocates stood in the Senate gallery, singing hymns in protest as they left the building.

When they arrived for yesterday’s debate of a blanket E-Verify provision, which failed, the sergeant-at-arms ordered them not to sing, chant or otherwise disrupt any business on the Senate floor.

http://floridaindependent.com/28996/sen ... -no-debate

The legislative Hispanic caucus has taken a group position against the bills, which would mean Republicans likely don’t have the votes to send the measure to Gov. Rick Scott.
    Of course they're against any enforcement. They're Hispanic legislators. Its not what is best for their state or country, its only what is best for their fellow Hispanics. Its ALL of them, taking a group position. They're not individuals making up their own minds, its all for the collective. Blatant ethnocentricism. Sickening.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    The legislative Hispanic caucus has taken a group position against the bills, which would mean Republicans likely don’t have the votes to send the measure to Gov. Rick Scott.
    Of course they're against any enforcement. They're Hispanic legislators. Its not what is best for their state or country, its only what is best for their fellow Hispanics. Its ALL of them, taking a group position. They're not individuals making up their own minds, its all for the collective. Blatant ethnocentricism. Sickening.
    I hate to bust your bubble builditnow but Repubs who are not hispanic are responsible for killing e-Verify in the Senate . Now it has to be a three fourths majority to reconcile the House and Senate Bill to pass a Immigration Bill the bill is DOA !!!!!!! Thanks Repubs we will remember in Nov. 2012 !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I hate to bust your bubble builditnow but Repubs who are not hispanic are responsible for killing e-Verify in the Senate . Now it has to be a three fourths majority to reconcile the House and Senate Bill to pass a Immigration Bill the bill is DOA !!!!!!! Thanks Repubs we will remember in Nov. 2012 !!
    USPatriot - I don’t have a bubble for you to burst. I don’t know how you got that I think all Republicans are innocent when it comes to this issue. Some of the Florida Hispanic Caucus members could be Republican, for all I know. That wasn’t my point. My point has to do with ethnocentrism. A bunch of legislators, who typically love to demand “diversityâ€
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

USPatriot - I don’t have a bubble for you to burst. I don’t know how you got that I think all Republicans are innocent when it comes to this issue. Some of the Florida Hispanic Caucus members could be Republican, for all I know. That wasn’t my point. My point has to do with ethnocentrism. A bunch of legislators, who typically love to demand “diversityâ€
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Sell their soul and country for a vote in 2012.Just remember who voted and take that vote away thats how to fight back then let them know why they lost.

Republicans will gain many more seats in 2012!!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself: